bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

on 5/18/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow where has this been my whole life. Will totally buy again. Sets my foundation and gives me a glowy look. Some days I do a bit of concealer and this on top, my perfect foundation free face :)

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a setting powder after I have applied all my makeup. It goes on smoothly and gives my skin a healthy glow.

This is too expensive for what you get!! Mine got used up so quickly too, I had the full sized container purchased separately from the B/M foundation, but it lasts less than 2 mos. of wearing on a daily basis. I like to apply this w my elf kabuki rather than the B/M brush. This product goes well with the B/M foundation, I cannot imagine wearing this with any other foundations, I don't know if this would be useful without their brand foundation applied 1st.

on 1/18/2014 12:21:00 PM

I am the powder queen- I have tried them all and I have been using this one for years now. I can't even count how many times I have repurchased it. After applying my morning skincare and sunblock my skin is really shiny. I use a light dusting of mineral veil to mattify everything and it works really well. I can then apply blush, powder foundation over it if I want to. Most of the time I just forget all of that and just go with the mineral veil. The best part is, my skin remains matte all day, touchups are rarely needed and it is undetectable on the skin unlike many other powders which can look obvious or cakey. I used to use the mineral veil that offered spf 25 but they changed the formula and unfortunately now it leaves you looking white as a ghost, so I only use the original mineral veil now. I have tried many mineral powder foundations but find that they all are a bit opaque which looks obvious on the skin and tend to make skin flaws more visible, rather than hiding them. If I need a little extra coverage I go with Origins silk screen foundation on top of the mineral veil. By applying mv first, it prevents the silk screen from changing color or sticking to the moisturizer underneath.

on 10/28/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product as it gives my makeup a soft focus effect. The downside is it doesn't keep my makeup staying matte for very long and also I think the packaging is terrible.

I hate powder. I needed to let you know that so that you can take my review into consideration. I thought this product would be different, so my expectations were there. I do not care for this product, so heavy. I should also explain, however, that I am allergic to the Bare Minerals foundation. This product is only corn starch.
If you care to try this product, maybe you should just try corn starch. It will save you a lot of $.

on 5/22/2010 11:48:00 AM

I use the mineral veil as a highlighter or all over to set the loose mineral foundation. When i use other powder foundations as a highlighter. When using the BE foundation I have to use it over top because the foundation is flat I've even thought of mixing the two but I'm afraid I'll just end up with a product i can't use.
I don't find that the shimmer is to much for all over it is very subtle.
I use it on a daily basis when working, But not on my days off.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I would like to start by saying that this should probably be used strictly as a setting powder, since it's a translucent powder that "doesn't change the color of your makeup." (BE statement.) So don't try to use it as a powder to hide blemishes and even skin tone. It won't work! Used as a setting powder, I think it works great! My make up doesn't budge all day. I've used it with Bare Minerals and MAC foundations, and get the same great result. Plus, it last forever if you use it right. I've had the same pot for 2+ years and use it pretty much every day.

This is my winter powder. It's by no means perfect, but when my skin is drier than usual this won't dry it out even more. What it does do well is fill my pores. Unfortunately, if I get oily or sweaty this effect is totally ruined, but that's why it's my winter powder. I've found it really does work best with the BE powder brush. Also, be careful: this stuff gets EVERYWHERE.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

when i first used the mineral veil i simply applied it after my fondation to set my makeup all day this didnt work for me within a couple of hours it was time to reapply which with mineral makeup is kinda no big deal for me anyway it was just annoying.what i have discovered is if you use mineral veil first over your primer apply the fondation than apply a second layer of veil it will last much longer.anyway i love this product and i will repurchase