bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm quite used to BareMinerals powders, their eyeshadows are my personal favorite, but despite having multiple pots of this from various kits, I've never bothered with it. My assumption was that a powder foundation finisher would get cakey over liquid foundation. But recently I tired of my ELF HD powder and I decided I might as well try this.

When I use this with an SPF foundation it seems to cling more, but with a thinner foundation it applies beautifully and sets makeup flawlessly. I can't tell if it's even there, and I haven't noticed any extra oily spots. It's not the HG powder I'm looking for, but if you want it to set makeup, it does the job well.

I give this a 3 because I think there are better powders out there, not because I don't like it. I have at least four of these so no need for more, but the price is silly to me, with all setting powders really. I like that this is meant for powder makeup because it helps blush and highlight blend better, but unless you use powder foundation, you don't necessarily need this.

on 9/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase.

Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 9/22/2015 8:56:00 PM

Gave this product three lippies because i thought that the product was way too expensive for what it can do. It did set my under eye concealer well enough, but i don't have oily eyelids or oily under eyes/eye bags so I don't really have a say in the matter.

I've never been a fan of the sifter-type packaging because I always feel like I'm losing way too much product when I need to shake the container for an indefinite amount of product, only to realize that I got too much and retapping the powder back into the container always sucks ugh.

Wouldn't purchase again.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.