Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.8

on 1/18/2014 12:21:00 PM

I am the powder queen- I have tried them all and I have been using this one for years now. I can't even count how many times I have repurchased it. After applying my morning skincare and sunblock my skin is really shiny. I use a light dusting of mineral veil to mattify everything and it works really well. I can then apply blush, powder foundation over it if I want to. Most of the time I just forget all of that and just go with the mineral veil. The best part is, my skin remains matte all day, touchups are rarely needed and it is undetectable on the skin unlike many other powders which can look obvious or cakey. I used to use the mineral veil that offered spf 25 but they changed the formula and unfortunately now it leaves you looking white as a ghost, so I only use the original mineral veil now. I have tried many mineral powder foundations but find that they all are a bit opaque which looks obvious on the skin and tend to make skin flaws more visible, rather than hiding them. If I need a little extra coverage I go with Origins silk screen foundation on top of the mineral veil. By applying mv first, it prevents the silk screen from changing color or sticking to the moisturizer underneath.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like this product a lot, actually. As a reviewer below posted, there's really not much to say about it other than that it's a super fine powder and comes in a few shades/finishes, such as regular, tinted, and featherlight (very light shimmers). I think the word "veil" works perfectly to describe this - it's very very light veil of powder that, depending on what foundation you use, is good for setting. I personally do not wear foundation, only concealer, so I use this to set my concealer as well as to add a light layer over my face to make blending my powder bronzer easier. The feather light version does blend out imperfections for me, but I like the feather light in the tinted version. The mineral veil tends to melt into your skin because it's so light and soft.

For someone who wants a super light setting powder, I would try this.. other than that, you might want to search for other options. Overall a nice powder for me

on 5/22/2010 11:48:00 AM

I use the mineral veil as a highlighter or all over to set the loose mineral foundation. When i use other powder foundations as a highlighter. When using the BE foundation I have to use it over top because the foundation is flat I've even thought of mixing the two but I'm afraid I'll just end up with a product i can't use.
I don't find that the shimmer is to much for all over it is very subtle.
I use it on a daily basis when working, But not on my days off.

on 4/11/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I don't use this very often, it seems to just melt on my face and not do much for me. It does help with shine, and I got the portable compact for it, but it's so messy and the included brush was so bad, it now sits in my makeup drawer, so that was a waste of money. I did use it on my husband once when he had to take a photo for work and his forehead was gleaming like a headlight, it looked natural on him, didn't show up in the photo, and did tame the shine. Maybe I'll take the compact in to the office and just leave it there, and get a cheap kabuki brush to go with it. I just hate wasting things, and that stupid compact filled with mineral veil feels like a waste.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I would like to start by saying that this should probably be used strictly as a setting powder, since it's a translucent powder that "doesn't change the color of your makeup." (BE statement.) So don't try to use it as a powder to hide blemishes and even skin tone. It won't work! Used as a setting powder, I think it works great! My make up doesn't budge all day. I've used it with Bare Minerals and MAC foundations, and get the same great result. Plus, it last forever if you use it right. I've had the same pot for 2+ years and use it pretty much every day.

on 7/22/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the way this makes my skin feel. I like that it (obviously) sets my makeup. I don't think I'll ever apply any other foundation products, of course other than B.E.. Will be purchasing again soon as I'm about to run out.

I kinda feel like this is over-hyped. It made my normal skin look dry and flaky! There are better products out there, and for $21, it's also over priced.

on 1/10/2009 1:57:00 AM

oh hell no. My skin is dry, and this makes it feels like I'm sucking the life out of it.

on 1/1/2009 11:57:00 PM

This is the only BE product I like. Looks nice if you use a light-hand, otherwise it can look cakey. But it does a nice job of blurring minor skin issues.

made me break out in a red rash - not for sensitive skin!