bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 5/18/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow where has this been my whole life. Will totally buy again. Sets my foundation and gives me a glowy look. Some days I do a bit of concealer and this on top, my perfect foundation free face :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm quite used to BareMinerals powders, their eyeshadows are my personal favorite, but despite having multiple pots of this from various kits, I've never bothered with it. My assumption was that a powder foundation finisher would get cakey over liquid foundation. But recently I tired of my ELF HD powder and I decided I might as well try this.

When I use this with an SPF foundation it seems to cling more, but with a thinner foundation it applies beautifully and sets makeup flawlessly. I can't tell if it's even there, and I haven't noticed any extra oily spots. It's not the HG powder I'm looking for, but if you want it to set makeup, it does the job well.

I give this a 3 because I think there are better powders out there, not because I don't like it. I have at least four of these so no need for more, but the price is silly to me, with all setting powders really. I like that this is meant for powder makeup because it helps blush and highlight blend better, but unless you use powder foundation, you don't necessarily need this.

on 9/22/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this brand because it is suppose to be more natural and good for skin. I got the trial version in medium nor i did not like the finish nor the coverage. Thats too bad

on 9/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase.

Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

One of my favorite setting powders. Laura Mercer is my HG, however the mineral veil is an affordable alternative. The powder is very thin and feels nice on my skin. It is not overly drying either. I have combination skin so it's difficult to find powders that don't over dry and also that help soak up some oil. The only issue I have is that I do feel it may be very slightly pigmented. I do appear a bit paler than without it.

on 8/31/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types.

It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate.

Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle.

It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true.

It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

I've used this product for years.

Recently I was getting a lot of separation and oil breakthrough with my bareMinerals original Foundation, even with a primer. So what I did was took the Flawless face brush, swirled it in some original mineral Veil, and applied it in circular motions to each section of my entire face. This actually smoothed out my skin out really well. Then I applied the original Foundation over that, topped with a lighter coat of the original mineral Veil (using the Flawless face brush again in circular motions) and voila! It last way longer and I do not have separation anymore, just with these two products.

To apply my original foundation I'll currently either use the Precision face brush, which is incredible for medium to full coverage very, very fast and with very minimal blending. Or I'll use the Beautiful Finish brush, which does take me longer to build up to a medium coverage.

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff just isn't for dry skin. My skin is "normal" but during winter verges more on the dry side. I used this a few times and it made me look SO DRY (I keep my face well-moisturized year-round). Skimming through the reviews I notice that people with dry skin generally seem to hate it, while people with oily skin generally seem to love it. That may be something to keep in mind if you're considering purchasing this product.

I got this as a Christmas gift so I didn't buy it and have no idea how much it costs. I'll probably give it away instead of using it up myself, and it's a given that I won't repurchase.