Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

I've used this product for years.

Recently I was getting a lot of separation and oil breakthrough with my bareMinerals original Foundation, even with a primer. So what I did was took the Flawless face brush, swirled it in some original mineral Veil, and applied it in circular motions to each section of my entire face. This actually smoothed out my skin out really well. Then I applied the original Foundation over that, topped with a lighter coat of the original mineral Veil (using the Flawless face brush again in circular motions) and voila! It last way longer and I do not have separation anymore, just with these two products.

To apply my original foundation I'll currently either use the Precision face brush, which is incredible for medium to full coverage very, very fast and with very minimal blending. Or I'll use the Beautiful Finish brush, which does take me longer to build up to a medium coverage.

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

on 8/9/2016 6:32:00 PM

This mineral veil on top of the bareMinerals powder foundation keeps my oily face so matte all day. This is also perfect for baking your face. There is a rotating lock to control the amount of powder that comes out of the container.

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

on 3/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this I didn't like it, because I was use to the heavy look of other loose powder. However, now I like the light transparent look it gives as it sets my foundation. It sort of gives you a glow. Excellent product.

on 2/17/2015 5:47:00 PM

Ive just repurchased.

It gives a silky look to your skin. It is light and does not cake. It is also not obvious you are wearing powder and does not cling to dry patches.

Note: if you have oily skin, this will only matte it very slightly so I wouldnt recommend to you(with oily skin).

It is gentle and I have not reacted or broken out because of it (which happens to me A LOT)

Packaging? Bit hard to open the first time but once you get it pen it is perfect.

Price? Worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh, Mineral Veil. I've tried to replace you so many times, because paying 20 for an ounce of glorified cornstarch is pretty painful, but nothing is quite as good. Yes, I have tried putting cornstarch on my ultra-oily face as setting powder, no it did not work! :)

Does exactly what it says it will--sets your foundation beautifully, blurs imperfections and generally makes your face look 100x better. Back when my skin was perfect on the magic-beauty-pill that nearly killed me (Yasmin) I used this alone over moisturizer with a little blush on top and my skin looked stunning.

Now I use it either over Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream (not loving that product as it is hard to source and quite greasy but it matches well and doesn't break me out) or Estee Lauder DoubleWear and it makes both look a zillion times better. Recommend but jaysus, if it were a little cheaper I'd be thrilled.

If you haven't used it since the Bare Minerals craze in the aughts, they've improved the packaging significantly, there are only 4 holes and you can seal them off (kind of like a salt shaker) so you can travel with it and better control the amount of product that comes out, no more having half the product in the lid at all times!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG finishing powder! Blurs all your imperfections and absorbs. Plus you do not have to touch up throughout the day.