bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

Not sure why this product is rated so highly. I really didn't like this stuff. It didn't take my oiliness away. It didn't add anything, in fact i felt like it really dulled my look and make me look deadish. Not the look i'm going for.

on 6/30/2013 11:03:00 PM

Have never understood popularity of this brand. Had to give a few items a go just to see what all the fuss is about. The "mineral veil" is a sparkling powder which, rather than making your skin look "dewy" and blemish free, makes it look like you have put gaudy sparkling powder on you face for some unknown reason. Maybe OK for old people. Most certainly not for men and for younger women who think they might use it as glitter highlighter for clubs, get another one. Like all bareminerals the pigment is very heavy. If you have to use it, brush virtually everything off the brush before applying

This claims to impart a flawless, airbrushed complexion. I did not get that at all. I have relatively good skin, I just wanted something to blur whatever slight imperfections/flaws my skin had. I saw no difference at all. When trying o layer this, I looked so powdery. Not oil absorbing whatsoever. I've had people comment on how shiny my face looks. Embarrassing! Does not cover pores. Overall, did not achieve what it said it would. Disappointing. Will not repurchase.

on 9/13/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Well its not great. Considering how expensive it is i had hoped it would be a bit better, in all honesty the E.L.F Mineral Powder is better! After foundation i apply concealer to any blemishes and under my eyes, for some reason this powder just sticks to concealer and makes my face look patchy and blotchy, no other powder i own does this its freakin' annoying, I wouldnt buy it again will definately stick to my MSF!

This is cakey, chalky and makes me look like a ghost!! I do not recommend this product at all

on 1/1/2011 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this to set my under eye concealer and I'm only using it to get it out of my collection. I wanted to get the tinted mineral veil but it was sold out so I settled for this instead. I feel that probably would have worked better for me.

The packaging on this is AWFUL. Way too much comes out, even when you're tapping it gentley. It makes such a mess, definitely wont be buying this again.

Sub-par as a setting powder, not finely milled enough, but nice to have as a backup to MUFE HD & Laura Mercier setting powders if I'm broke and run out of the good stuff! Wildly overpriced, MAC's setting powder has about double the product for $6 or so less. (Not to mention it performs MUCH better). This mineral veil is like the boy you take to prom to appease your parents, but you really want to sneak away with MUFE HD setting powder. The name and product puts on a good show, but you really just want the guy/product that makes you feel/look hot.

I really sorry that I can not use this powder because I loved the way it looked on my face. It's a very finely milled powder, not weird looking at all, like most of the other mineral makeups what I tried. When first time I tried it at home it was ok, but next day I went out to the sun and my face started to itching and burning by the afternoon and my neck was red when I got home. I have done some research and have found that the bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163) could be the reason that my face itches. I ordered free samples from Everyday Minerals, they don't use bc. I will edit my review later, when I tried the samples.
/You can find my review at Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust about the finishing dust and kaolin powder./

on 11/1/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I first tried mineral veil a few years ago when I bought the BE starter kit from sephora. I don't remember feeling positive or negative about the product, but i used up the whole jar so i guess i liked it! Well years later, a friend mentioned that she used mineral veil over her bronzer and her skin always looks great so i figured i would give it another go. Well this time around, i couldn't tell when i had the product on vs. when i didn't. Even worse, I started getting breakouts and tiny little bumps on my forehead and chin. I wish i never repurchased - gave it to my friend who was thrilled to have a brand new jar of this crap :)