Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

Not sure why this product is rated so highly. I really didn't like this stuff. It didn't take my oiliness away. It didn't add anything, in fact i felt like it really dulled my look and make me look deadish. Not the look i'm going for.

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with this product, but I don't feel like it ever absorbed any excess oils on my face. Compared to other finishing powders, I found that I had to continually touch up with this stuff throughout the day because I could feel my foundation still sliding on my face. I hate having to do so many touchups during the day, especially since my face flakes pretty easily and this is a higher end product which, of course, is not cheap. Maybe this product works better along side the BareMinerals foundation and powders. I used a Mac powder as well as a Kat Von D Foundation under this mineral veil and found the results were the same. My makeup would still slide off my face around the 2 hour mark even with this product on. I would suggest maybe using this product along with the BareMinerals foundations/powder and see for yourself if the combination of the two work. As for this, I will be returning.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to work and help keep shine at bay but instead BE products make my skin much more greasy. I did not find this to be special at all compared to other products and even though it is supposed to be translucent I do see cast to the skin no matter who I have seen use it. It did not set my makeup well and looked cakey and even dry once in a while. I would need to use a whole lot of this through out the day with blotting sheets to keep the shine at bay with BE products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin reacts to pretty much every kind of foundation/powder going. This was my last ditch attempt at finding something that would look nice, cover some small spots/scars and not react on my skin. Within ten minutes of this being on my face was itching like crazy. I had to wash it off straight away.

on 3/28/2014 3:48:00 AM

Horrible! I had used it in the past and thought I'd give it another try but this second time was definitely not a charm!! I used it for a couple of days and started noticing very big cystic pimples forming onto my face, which I never get. This product broke me out ridiculously! I would not recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin or even sensitive skin.

on 6/30/2013 11:03:00 PM

Have never understood popularity of this brand. Had to give a few items a go just to see what all the fuss is about. The "mineral veil" is a sparkling powder which, rather than making your skin look "dewy" and blemish free, makes it look like you have put gaudy sparkling powder on you face for some unknown reason. Maybe OK for old people. Most certainly not for men and for younger women who think they might use it as glitter highlighter for clubs, get another one. Like all bareminerals the pigment is very heavy. If you have to use it, brush virtually everything off the brush before applying