Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

BE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

on 9/6/2016 9:21:00 PM

I recently re-purchased this product after not using it for a few years. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but for some reason it seems to have a chalky effect. I used to love it to set my makeup, but now I end up looking chalky/cakey/ghostly even when using minimal amounts. I use a regular powder brush to apply similar to the bare minerals face brush I used to use to apply it years ago. I will continue to try and work with the product until it runs out because it is expensive, but i'll probably go with a different setting powder next time. Too bad, I went back to this because I used to really like it!

To Read all 1096 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/9/2016 6:32:00 PM

This mineral veil on top of the bareMinerals powder foundation keeps my oily face so matte all day. This is also perfect for baking your face. There is a rotating lock to control the amount of powder that comes out of the container.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product overall. Staying power and mixibility is great. I don't love the color as much as I wish I did otherwise I would give a 5/5

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

Amazing

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!