Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product overall. Staying power and mixibility is great. I don't love the color as much as I wish I did otherwise I would give a 5/5

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

To Read all 1093 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

Amazing

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.