Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.

on 1/9/2014 9:47:00 AM

Very finely milled. Does everything I expect a powder to do. Mattify-I only use it in only my t zone which I recommend to older folks such as myself; keeping the cheeks more dewy. Packaging could be better-Bare Minerals has always failed in this area. But I feel it's worth the aggravation.

on 6/30/2013 11:03:00 PM

Have never understood popularity of this brand. Had to give a few items a go just to see what all the fuss is about. The "mineral veil" is a sparkling powder which, rather than making your skin look "dewy" and blemish free, makes it look like you have put gaudy sparkling powder on you face for some unknown reason. Maybe OK for old people. Most certainly not for men and for younger women who think they might use it as glitter highlighter for clubs, get another one. Like all bareminerals the pigment is very heavy. If you have to use it, brush virtually everything off the brush before applying

on 5/23/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love it! Transparent and light, yet mattifying and sets makeup.

I'd give it 5 stars if it had sunscreen in it.

on 5/22/2010 11:48:00 AM

I use the mineral veil as a highlighter or all over to set the loose mineral foundation. When i use other powder foundations as a highlighter. When using the BE foundation I have to use it over top because the foundation is flat I've even thought of mixing the two but I'm afraid I'll just end up with a product i can't use.
I don't find that the shimmer is to much for all over it is very subtle.
I use it on a daily basis when working, But not on my days off.

on 3/13/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is now the only finishing face powder I will use.
It is so fine, non drying and perfect that I cant find anything to
compete and I must have tried everying over the last
twenty or so years!! I use it after I have applied my non-greasy sunblock and concealer. It does not colour your skin but simply makes it matt and glowy. It is the perfect base for the mineral foundation that follows. I have tried it over liquid foundation and it still does the job. My combo skin makeup stays put all day. It is pricey but lasts ages as you need so little and I would simply be wasting money buying any other face powder.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best secret I have found to really get some smooth, non-shiny, natural skin post-foundation. I use just a little liquid foundation, cover up a mark or two, put this on and wow! Seriously good stuff. I'm eyeballing the brand's mineral foundation as well.. it's pricey, gah! but it's good stuff. Buy it.

on 11/29/2009 9:50:00 PM

I've been using this as a setting/finishing powder for several years. Bare Escentuals is an excellent brand, and their marketing campaigns can't be beat. Leslie Blodgett is a doll and I love her no-nonsense presentation on QVC. Also, this year, I just started to wear some of their eyeshadows because I had a sensitivity to any purple eyeshadow, and BE mineral eyeshadows don't cause that sensitivity. I love their brand.

Still, I have to say that recently, Mineral Veil has fallen short in its ability to provide a decent finish on my skin over my foundation. The Mineral Veil is starting to make my skin look pretty dry and I completely avoid putting it under my eye area for fear I'll look like a corpse. Also, it seems to vanish mid-day, and I look like all my makeup has worn off. I don't mind doing touch-ups. It's what we girls love about makeup. However, I present for a living, and if I forget to touch up or if I don't have time, I don't exactly feel confident and put together. I think it may be because my skin is aging and is becoming drier, and this powder may not be the one for me anymore. I may need something a little more finely milled and softer. I recently bought a really small container of the BA Feather Light Mineral Veil off of eBay, so I will finish and will probably not repurchase. Plus, at $19 for only 12g, this may no longer be real cost-effective in these challenging times.

I was reading about NARS powder this evening as well as my old favorite, Coty Airspun, which might be worth a try.

on 11/18/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am new to bare escentuals so here goes. I purchased the starter kit and I am so happy I did. I am a 44 year old woman who has never really worn make-up before and I find it to be great. I am like a make-up virgin so I can't compare this product to others. All I know is, it is like I am not wearing anything at all. The only thing I have learned from using this product is that a little goes a long way. Now I need to learn about eye make-up.