Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.8

on 9/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase.

Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

I've used this product for years.

Recently I was getting a lot of separation and oil breakthrough with my bareMinerals original Foundation, even with a primer. So what I did was took the Flawless face brush, swirled it in some original mineral Veil, and applied it in circular motions to each section of my entire face. This actually smoothed out my skin out really well. Then I applied the original Foundation over that, topped with a lighter coat of the original mineral Veil (using the Flawless face brush again in circular motions) and voila! It last way longer and I do not have separation anymore, just with these two products.

To apply my original foundation I'll currently either use the Precision face brush, which is incredible for medium to full coverage very, very fast and with very minimal blending. Or I'll use the Beautiful Finish brush, which does take me longer to build up to a medium coverage.

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 3/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this I didn't like it, because I was use to the heavy look of other loose powder. However, now I like the light transparent look it gives as it sets my foundation. It sort of gives you a glow. Excellent product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG finishing powder! Blurs all your imperfections and absorbs. Plus you do not have to touch up throughout the day.

This was just so-so for me. I find that for the price, Everyday Minerals works. The veil is extremely sheer and colorless. I use it as a finishing powder and to sweep away any eye color that flecks onto my cheekbones. I am relatively new to mineral makeup and am not sure I'd have purchased this one if I completely understood the application process.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is too expensive for what you get!! Mine got used up so quickly too, I had the full sized container purchased separately from the B/M foundation, but it lasts less than 2 mos. of wearing on a daily basis. I like to apply this w my elf kabuki rather than the B/M brush. This product goes well with the B/M foundation, I cannot imagine wearing this with any other foundations, I don't know if this would be useful without their brand foundation applied 1st.

on 4/14/2014 9:22:00 AM

Been using Bare Mineral Veil for years!! I've tried the original, hydrating and SPF. They don't sell it in mya country so i have to stock them up evrytime go overseas. Pretty pricey but i'm happy with the product. It's talc en fragrance free, doesn't irritate skin or create blemishes. My doctor recommended for me years ago after i had a major breakout (first time in 30yrs of my life due to stress). I use it with brush, to give a very natural finished. Use them on top of my sunblock and voila, create a no shine layer but without the drying effect. I never use compact powder so this is definitely my HG. Bring it everywhere. Haven't found any better loose powder that can replace this so far.