Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 9/22/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this brand because it is suppose to be more natural and good for skin. I got the trial version in medium nor i did not like the finish nor the coverage. Thats too bad

on 8/31/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types.

It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate.

Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle.

It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true.

It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

on 7/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually a big fan of talc based setting powders. I mostly use them under my eyes to set my concealer. Silica based powders always feel very dry and heavy under my eyes and turn white with a camera flash. I was intrigued to try a corn starch based powder and honestly I really liked it. It set my concealer, didn't really feel that dry at all and also didn't change the shade of it... maybe ever so slightly might have darkened it a little bit, but didn't make it lighter which a lot of the talc based powders tend to do. It wore great and didn't wear of in patches like a lot of powders do. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will only use this as I really love my Ben Nye powders, but I am definitely going to use it more. All in all it is a great powder and doesn't give you that typical white casting a lot of powders do.

on 4/28/2015 6:59:00 PM

I really don't see the point in this product, I have had it a couple of times as part of a set. I know it is meant to go over mineral powders I use medium and I use to set my makeup but I don't see what effect it really has it's just a very light translucent powder which is completely unnecessary! Save your money for an essential product.

Not sure why this product is rated so highly. I really didn't like this stuff. It didn't take my oiliness away. It didn't add anything, in fact i felt like it really dulled my look and make me look deadish. Not the look i'm going for.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a setting powder after I have applied all my makeup. It goes on smoothly and gives my skin a healthy glow.