Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

One of my favorite setting powders. Laura Mercer is my HG, however the mineral veil is an affordable alternative. The powder is very thin and feels nice on my skin. It is not overly drying either. I have combination skin so it's difficult to find powders that don't over dry and also that help soak up some oil. The only issue I have is that I do feel it may be very slightly pigmented. I do appear a bit paler than without it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff just isn't for dry skin. My skin is "normal" but during winter verges more on the dry side. I used this a few times and it made me look SO DRY (I keep my face well-moisturized year-round). Skimming through the reviews I notice that people with dry skin generally seem to hate it, while people with oily skin generally seem to love it. That may be something to keep in mind if you're considering purchasing this product.

I got this as a Christmas gift so I didn't buy it and have no idea how much it costs. I'll probably give it away instead of using it up myself, and it's a given that I won't repurchase.

on 9/6/2016 9:21:00 PM

I recently re-purchased this product after not using it for a few years. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but for some reason it seems to have a chalky effect. I used to love it to set my makeup, but now I end up looking chalky/cakey/ghostly even when using minimal amounts. I use a regular powder brush to apply similar to the bare minerals face brush I used to use to apply it years ago. I will continue to try and work with the product until it runs out because it is expensive, but i'll probably go with a different setting powder next time. Too bad, I went back to this because I used to really like it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product overall. Staying power and mixibility is great. I don't love the color as much as I wish I did otherwise I would give a 5/5

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

on 11/2/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps me the most matte out of any powder I've used, also it's easy for this to look cakey

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh, Mineral Veil. I've tried to replace you so many times, because paying 20 for an ounce of glorified cornstarch is pretty painful, but nothing is quite as good. Yes, I have tried putting cornstarch on my ultra-oily face as setting powder, no it did not work! :)

Does exactly what it says it will--sets your foundation beautifully, blurs imperfections and generally makes your face look 100x better. Back when my skin was perfect on the magic-beauty-pill that nearly killed me (Yasmin) I used this alone over moisturizer with a little blush on top and my skin looked stunning.

Now I use it either over Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream (not loving that product as it is hard to source and quite greasy but it matches well and doesn't break me out) or Estee Lauder DoubleWear and it makes both look a zillion times better. Recommend but jaysus, if it were a little cheaper I'd be thrilled.

If you haven't used it since the Bare Minerals craze in the aughts, they've improved the packaging significantly, there are only 4 holes and you can seal them off (kind of like a salt shaker) so you can travel with it and better control the amount of product that comes out, no more having half the product in the lid at all times!

on 11/29/2014 12:14:00 AM

This is my HG of finishing powders. This stuff is amazing, makes my skin look gorgeous Andy foundation stays on at least twice as much than when I'm not wearing it. Tried it at first with a sample and loved it so much I just repurchased a full size one :)