Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.

on 9/22/2015 8:56:00 PM

Gave this product three lippies because i thought that the product was way too expensive for what it can do. It did set my under eye concealer well enough, but i don't have oily eyelids or oily under eyes/eye bags so I don't really have a say in the matter.

I've never been a fan of the sifter-type packaging because I always feel like I'm losing way too much product when I need to shake the container for an indefinite amount of product, only to realize that I got too much and retapping the powder back into the container always sucks ugh.

Wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack and have used it quite a few times. I honestly don't notice that big of a difference between when I use it and don't, so I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. There are cheaper powders that achieve the same effect for me. Very glad I got it as a sample and didn't buy a full sized!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been trying this out as an alternative to the MUFE HD powder. It's alright, but I find that it doesn't do as good of a job keeping me matte, as well as it has a tendency to leave a slightly pale cast if you use too much/too dense of a brush.

on 3/11/2015 6:40:00 AM

Before I started using bareminerals original foundation for my everyday makeup I used bareminerals bareskin foundation which is extremely hard to set. I purchased MAC'S Prep+Prime Transparent powder, which did the trick but it broke me out terribly. So I purchased this!

Packaging- I love the packaging of the mineral veil, its easy to use, and with the twist design its easy to travel with. I am not scared to drop this on the floor either, I am very clumsy so this happens often with makeup stuff, just imagine what my floor looks like!

Formula- The powder for all of BareMinerals powder stuff from eyeshadow to foundation is lightweight, velvet like and feels very smooth to the touch. The Mineral veil is cream/off white/ beige in colour. The purpose of the mineral veil is to set your makeup without adding any extra colour/coverage to your face. This makes it ideal for setting eye makeup, including eyeliner! With all of bareminerals makeup products a little goes a long way so which ever size you buy it will last you a long time.

Wear/Look/Feel- I put on my usual makeup, BareMinerals Original foundation, blusher, warmth/contour, highlighter, eyeshadow and liner then I apply the mineral veil. The mineral veil does a really good job at making all the products bind together nicely, making your face look naturally flawless.It makes sure that your makeup stays in place, rather like a top coat of nail varnish but your face. It didnt feel heavy on my skin, in fact it feel likes I am wearing nothing at all. I do think that the mineral veil prolongs the life of your makeup and generally just helps the overall look of your makeup. There are also several different versions of the mineral veil, I believe they are.. Original, Illuminating and tinted. I am going to stick with the original, seen as the original foundation already gives me a glow. I haven't yet used this to set liquid foundation. I am not sure how it would do setting the Bareskin. In my opinion I think it may be too light and not heavy duty enough, though the bareskin is stupidly hard to set.

Price- Depending on where you buy it, its usually around 20. Which i am totally happy to pay for.

Overall- I prefer this over MAC's Transparent powder, its much better for my skin. It doesnt break me out, its the same brand as my foundation and we all know that brand products are generally designed to work together. I would test this with the BareSkin foundation, but I am too in love with my original foundation to revert back. If I do decide to wear it again i will set it with this and let you know what happens!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

sets my foundation and concealer but doesn't add any extra coverage

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with this product, but I don't feel like it ever absorbed any excess oils on my face. Compared to other finishing powders, I found that I had to continually touch up with this stuff throughout the day because I could feel my foundation still sliding on my face. I hate having to do so many touchups during the day, especially since my face flakes pretty easily and this is a higher end product which, of course, is not cheap. Maybe this product works better along side the BareMinerals foundation and powders. I used a Mac powder as well as a Kat Von D Foundation under this mineral veil and found the results were the same. My makeup would still slide off my face around the 2 hour mark even with this product on. I would suggest maybe using this product along with the BareMinerals foundations/powder and see for yourself if the combination of the two work. As for this, I will be returning.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Had such high hopes for this product. This powder comes off a little orange on me in the natural light. Also makes skin look really cakey. Definitely wouldn't buy this again as not the cheapest product!

on 12/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

Am I missing something here??? I find this product makes my foundation look dry and cakey. Im using the original one with SPF, applying as instructed and it does feel nice, but make smy foundation look flaky like its separating. I've tried with 2 different foundations so far, one that is very oily, same result. Pretty disappointed. Ill try it again after exfoliating tomorrow but so far my favorite is by far Revlon Aqua (discontinued)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mineral Veil is an absolutely gorgeous translucent setting powder.

It keeps your makeup in place all day and smoothes out your skin for the perfect flawless look!