Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.8

on 8/9/2016 6:32:00 PM

This mineral veil on top of the bareMinerals powder foundation keeps my oily face so matte all day. This is also perfect for baking your face. There is a rotating lock to control the amount of powder that comes out of the container.

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

Amazing

on 3/30/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

seems kind of drying on my already dry skin, but it's powder, so what was i expecting?

on 2/17/2015 5:47:00 PM

Ive just repurchased.

It gives a silky look to your skin. It is light and does not cake. It is also not obvious you are wearing powder and does not cling to dry patches.

Note: if you have oily skin, this will only matte it very slightly so I wouldnt recommend to you(with oily skin).

It is gentle and I have not reacted or broken out because of it (which happens to me A LOT)

Packaging? Bit hard to open the first time but once you get it pen it is perfect.

Price? Worth it.

I really did want to love this product but I just like it. The way this product is packaged is not terrible its just easy to make a mess with. Its hard to get the perfect amount of product on your brush as well. The product itself is nice and does the job but if you put too much you look ghosty. I like to use this product if i want to mattify my face without looking cakey.

on 3/28/2014 3:48:00 AM

Horrible! I had used it in the past and thought I'd give it another try but this second time was definitely not a charm!! I used it for a couple of days and started noticing very big cystic pimples forming onto my face, which I never get. This product broke me out ridiculously! I would not recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin or even sensitive skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG. I am absolutely in love with this powder. My friend bought it for me in the States and I've been using it everyday since. I wear this over everything- even on the days I can't be bothered to wear makeup I'll put on my moisturiser and this over the top (to control my shine of course!). The mineral veil is so sheer but it still manages to absorb shine and make my skin look and feel flawless. I love that this powder is relatively natural, as my skin is really sensitive and I don't like to use too many chemicals. This is a bit pricier than some other finishing powders but I've tried the cheaper ones and this is definitely the best of them all. I'm just about to finish my current box and I will definitely be buying this again. LOVE

on 5/28/2013 2:26:00 AM

I really am not a fan of bare minerals loose powders this one makes my face look and feel weird a d is just not attractive on me whatsoever. Will jot be repurchasing

on 5/1/2013 4:33:00 PM

I use this to set my foundation. My foundation has a dewy finish so this powder really helps to mattify my face. However, you have to be careful on using this powder. Super slight amount= good, even just a little bit excess= cakey. When I use it on my bare face, (no foundation, just to make my face look less oily) , it looks kind of strange.. In my country (HK) this comes in only one shade, so I don't know if it doesn't match my skin or anything, but it turn my face kind of greyish.