Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really like this perfume a lot more than I thought I would. I am a fan of Britney Spears' perfume range, I am more drawn to the sweeter scents of her Fantasy line, that is why I was suprised to like Curious so much. The main notes of Curious are Magnolia and Pear, and they go together very well. It is a floral scent, fresher than I was expecting, with a touch of sweetness from the pear which compliments the white floral very well. It smells like a flower patch in spring. It dries down to a somewhat vanilla floral, but not a gourmand vanilla, more of a chic, French vanilla scent. The floral scent is maintained. The scent has good staying power, it lasts on me for around 5-6 hours. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume, from both women and men, so it appears to be universally appeal and inoffensive. The bottle is beautiful, made of blue glass, so it looks beautiful sitting out on your vanity. This is a lovely Britney perfume, more age-appropriate for mature/professional women than the Fantasy range. This scent is perfect for a chic and classy young woman in the city. It is a gorgeous scent and I am very glad that I branched out and tried it. I highly recommend it.

Top Notes: Magnolia, Pear, Lotus.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Cyclamen, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, White Woods, Vanilla.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top notes: magnolia, lotus flower, pear
Heart: orchid, crème brulee, vanilla, Tonka bean, magnolia, lotus flower
Base notes: sandalwood and blonde woods, musk

I had to look all over the place to find these notes, because apparently Elizabeth Arden added the lotus, vanilla and magnolia.

Which is fine by me, because dang, does this smell good. I don't know if it's the mixture of pear and magnolia, but there's something special about it. When I sniff the bottle and close my eyes, it's as if I'm transported to a warm spring or early summer day, while traipsing through a gorgeous country garden that's nestled in the woods. It feels like greatness is just around the corner, like life is special and so are you.

You know that feeling you get when the weather starts to change into fall, when the first cool breeze blows your way, and something special stirs inside of you? It's almost a feeling of hope, like something phenomenal is waiting to happen. That's this perfume, only spring/summer for me. Strange, but true.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite perfume on earth. It's fresh, energising, mouthwatering, classy and so airy and light for summer. Wearing this feels like stepping into a garden full of fresh blossoming flowers after rain. However, at the same time the blonde woods featured makes you feel so cozy and like you're in a cabin in rural Louisiana in the summer time (I think that's where Britney got a lot of inspiration for Curious).

The magnolia in this perfume is incredible. It's the perfume that made me fall in love with them.

Lasting power is great and sillage is amazing. It's a staple perfume you need to have in your collection. I promise it won't disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love, love, love this perfume! Not sickeningly sweet, just clean, sexy, and floral. This lasts a good 6 hours on me. I will be stocking up on the gift sets for the holidays. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This did not mesh well with my body chemistry. In the end, it smelled like urine on me mixed with florals. I only bought it because a friend of mine swore it smelled awesome. I guess it smelled awesome on her. No worries since it was cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Curious is a breath of fresh air from your typical teenage girl gourmand. It smells very fresh, clean, and shampoo-like to me. I love a good white floral; honestly I've searched for higher end white florals but there's usually something about them I don't like, however, curious is my favorite affordable white floral/vanilla musk. I've loved this perfume since it came out; I remember smelling ads and wanting to buy it. The longevity is pretty decent for a celebriscent. Easy to find and decently priced, you can usually get a good deal online or at TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off let me say this is a personal favorite. Curious is a great option for casual daily wear- it has a memorable, clean, enticing scent to it. For more serious events, or a night out I usually go for something heavier. But all in all, this is a fantabulous* perfume. Matter of fact, I own the body spray for now, and plan on buying the perfume.
Buying in the near future. <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A magical fragrance IMHO. Curious has a special beauty that's indescribable. I absolutely LOVE Curious (esp in Summer) and hope they never discontinue it. I finished a big 3.4oz bottle, and I now have another 3.4oz, plus two 1.7oz bottles, plus a mini -- plus 2 lotions & 2 shower gels. (because I ordered 2 gift sets)

Below is how I realized how incredible this fragrance is:

I was once testing perfumes at TJ Maxx, and there were 2 girls on the opposite side of the display, also testing perfumes. All of a sudden there came this AMAZING scent from where they were testing. It stopped me in my tracks -- it was arrestingly beautiful. In a flash, I ran around the display & asked them what they had just sprayed -- it was Curious -- and it smelled sooooo much better than Every Other Perfume in the store, to my nose.

Words don't do it justice, but I'll try. Curious is light, delicate, clean, sweet, ethereal. It's a soft, limpid, languid, skin-musky, almost watery floral. I'm primarily a sweet gourmand & oriental vanilla lover -- also musks -- and I don't like florals unless they're very soft, musky, and sensual -- which Curious is. No loud or sharp tuberose, gardenias, roses, or big jasmines for me -- my florals have to be on the light, sweet, clean, softly skin-musky side.

The main floral note of Curious is magnolia, and there's also pear and vanilla in it -- all are sweet, fresh, light notes which meld together into magic-ness. Curious is soft, skin-musky, delicate, feminine -- just incredible! It's a shape-shifter -- it has a "je-ne-sais-qua" (sp). For being light, it's an EDP that has good strength, throw, & longevity.

An EDP which launched in 2004 by Elizabeth Arden, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pear, Lotus, Magnolia
Heart Notes -- Pink cyclamen, Jasmine, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Blond wood, Vanilla musk, Sandalwood

Others in this same general fragrance family -- which I also LOVE -- are Ralph Lauren Blue, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege, and Tocca Stella.

ADDENDUM 7/21/16: I craved and am now wearing Curious on this hot day and am still loooving it to pieces! Oooohhh, so good! Quite frankly, it almost takes me back to the discontinued Eau de Love, by Love Cosmetics, which I wore in Summer 1971. Eau de Love had an incredible light fresh ethereal musky sensuality -- and so does Curious.

Curious is one of my "essentials" -- I want to stockpile a lifetime supply in my closet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hated this musty weird smelling perfume

Not a fan of this perfume. Maybe because the sweet, floral type of smell is not really my thing but I found that it smelt a bit cheap. The pump that it came with broke within a week and it was impossible trying to spray this on me. A couple of my friends had the same thing happen to them as well.

Popular Fragrances