Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top notes: magnolia, lotus flower, pear
Heart: orchid, crème brulee, vanilla, Tonka bean, magnolia, lotus flower
Base notes: sandalwood and blonde woods, musk

I had to look all over the place to find these notes, because apparently Elizabeth Arden added the lotus, vanilla and magnolia.

Which is fine by me, because dang, does this smell good. I don't know if it's the mixture of pear and magnolia, but there's something special about it. When I sniff the bottle and close my eyes, it's as if I'm transported to a warm spring or early summer day, while traipsing through a gorgeous country garden that's nestled in the woods. It feels like greatness is just around the corner, like life is special and so are you.

You know that feeling you get when the weather starts to change into fall, when the first cool breeze blows your way, and something special stirs inside of you? It's almost a feeling of hope, like something phenomenal is waiting to happen. That's this perfume, only spring/summer for me. Strange, but true.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This perfume is my baby! I am a die-hard Britney fan, and when this first came out in like 2004, my teenage self went nuts! I went out and bought this, and fell in love. This is so floral, so feminine, I love everything about it. I can remember walking through the school halls, and fellow classmates would stop me and ask what I was wearing. This smells very floral, with small woodsy notes. It is very romantic, very "date-night" perfume, my husband loves it! I feel so sexy when I wear this, it's almost too much to wear to work. I will repurchase this over & over & over again. As a matter of fact, I am probably on my 5th or 6th bottle since it came out in '04. Absolutely an all-time favorite!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A magical fragrance IMHO. Curious has a special beauty that's indescribable. I absolutely LOVE Curious (esp in Summer) and hope they never discontinue it. I finished a big 3.4oz bottle, and I now have another 3.4oz, plus two 1.7oz bottles, plus a mini -- plus 2 lotions & 2 shower gels. (because I ordered 2 gift sets)

Below is how I realized how incredible this fragrance is:

I was once testing perfumes at TJ Maxx, and there were 2 girls on the opposite side of the display, also testing perfumes. All of a sudden there came this AMAZING scent from where they were testing. It stopped me in my tracks -- it was arrestingly beautiful. In a flash, I ran around the display & asked them what they had just sprayed -- it was Curious -- and it smelled sooooo much better than Every Other Perfume in the store, to my nose.

Words don't do it justice, but I'll try. Curious is light, delicate, clean, sweet, ethereal. It's a soft, limpid, languid, skin-musky, almost watery floral. I'm primarily a sweet gourmand & oriental vanilla lover -- also musks -- and I don't like florals unless they're very soft, musky, and sensual -- which Curious is. No loud or sharp tuberose, gardenias, roses, or big jasmines for me -- my florals have to be on the light, sweet, clean, softly skin-musky side.

The main floral note of Curious is magnolia, and there's also pear and vanilla in it -- all are sweet, fresh, light notes which meld together into magic-ness. Curious is soft, skin-musky, delicate, feminine -- just incredible! It's a shape-shifter -- it has a "je-ne-sais-qua" (sp). For being light, it's an EDP that has good strength, throw, & longevity.

An EDP which launched in 2004 by Elizabeth Arden, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pear, Lotus, Magnolia
Heart Notes -- Pink cyclamen, Jasmine, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Blond wood, Vanilla musk, Sandalwood

Others in this same general fragrance family -- which I also LOVE -- are Ralph Lauren Blue, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege, and Tocca Stella.

ADDENDUM 7/21/16: I craved and am now wearing Curious on this hot day and am still loooving it to pieces! Oooohhh, so good! Quite frankly, it almost takes me back to the discontinued Eau de Love, by Love Cosmetics, which I wore in Summer 1971. Eau de Love had an incredible light fresh ethereal musky sensuality -- and so does Curious.

Curious is one of my "essentials" -- I want to stockpile a lifetime supply in my closet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had several bottles of this fragrance. My most recent one I got was at big lots for like 6 bucks for a gift set!! amazing!! Im always on the look out for great perfume deals as it can be costly!! I dont mind this perfume, but it is not one I run to often, once in a while its nice, more in spring than any other time I tend to reach for this! it reminds me of a lot of classic scents and i think for many years this will be a classic scent.

My boyfriend used to absolutely LOVE this on me! When you first smell it, the chemicals are a little intense but as it fades over about a half hour, it smells like a beautiful, lovely scent and lasts all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This perfume has been out for a long time yet I am still really liking it.

My mother and friend have it and I have a little spray when i'm round there! I saw it for 7.99 in my local B&M it included body souffle and shower gel. The perfume is 30ml. This is very affordable so I treated myself.

The fragrance is hard to describe - its sweet and slightly musky but also young and happy.

The bottle is very pretty and would be nice to display, although I keep mine in the drawer to keep sunlight off it.

Don't let Britney put you off!

I would buy the smaller bottle of this because for some reason the large bottle with the pump turns yellow after a few months! I have always had a soft spot for this scent, and I've owned pretty much all of her scents. I liked the Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, and Circus, but I've felt that I'm too old for those kind of flowery, cotton candy scents. I donated them all to Goodwill, but I've kept Curious. I love how sweet and light it is, and I use it in between my Coach perfume. Love it.

Overall, it is a nice perfume. The scent is floral which ,admittedly, I am not usually a fan of. I bought it without sampling at the 19.99 bargain wall at Shoppers Drugmart. I liked Fantasy, so I decided to give this one a try. I used it for a couple days before I reviewed it to give it a fair try. This perfume has staying power, it lasted all day when I sprayed it and after 30 minutes or so the scent became lovely. I don't know if I would buy again, but I will put it in rotation until it is gone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It smells ok but I liked it a lot better the first time I used it. It smells kind of like rain I don't know how else to explain it but it's a little masculine and I probably wouldn't buy it again.

I bought the 1oz bottle from Ross today, and MAN am I glad I only paid 13 bucks for it. This smells like overly sweet magnolias and old lady. The bottle is gorgeous with the cute pink charms and the diamond shape, but I just can't stand the headache that comes with this scent. I've heard about the perfume rotting before but it seems mine is still fresh. It looks clear and the bottle is still very blue. Unfortunately, the smell is bad either way. Two thumbs way way down.

Popular Fragrances