Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really like this perfume a lot more than I thought I would. I am a fan of Britney Spears' perfume range, I am more drawn to the sweeter scents of her Fantasy line, that is why I was suprised to like Curious so much. The main notes of Curious are Magnolia and Pear, and they go together very well. It is a floral scent, fresher than I was expecting, with a touch of sweetness from the pear which compliments the white floral very well. It smells like a flower patch in spring. It dries down to a somewhat vanilla floral, but not a gourmand vanilla, more of a chic, French vanilla scent. The floral scent is maintained. The scent has good staying power, it lasts on me for around 5-6 hours. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume, from both women and men, so it appears to be universally appeal and inoffensive. The bottle is beautiful, made of blue glass, so it looks beautiful sitting out on your vanity. This is a lovely Britney perfume, more age-appropriate for mature/professional women than the Fantasy range. This scent is perfect for a chic and classy young woman in the city. It is a gorgeous scent and I am very glad that I branched out and tried it. I highly recommend it.

Top Notes: Magnolia, Pear, Lotus.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Cyclamen, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, White Woods, Vanilla.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite perfume on earth. It's fresh, energising, mouthwatering, classy and so airy and light for summer. Wearing this feels like stepping into a garden full of fresh blossoming flowers after rain. However, at the same time the blonde woods featured makes you feel so cozy and like you're in a cabin in rural Louisiana in the summer time (I think that's where Britney got a lot of inspiration for Curious).

The magnolia in this perfume is incredible. It's the perfume that made me fall in love with them.

Lasting power is great and sillage is amazing. It's a staple perfume you need to have in your collection. I promise it won't disappoint.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off let me say this is a personal favorite. Curious is a great option for casual daily wear- it has a memorable, clean, enticing scent to it. For more serious events, or a night out I usually go for something heavier. But all in all, this is a fantabulous* perfume. Matter of fact, I own the body spray for now, and plan on buying the perfume.
Buying in the near future. <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A magical fragrance IMHO. Curious has a special beauty that's indescribable. I absolutely LOVE Curious (esp in Summer) and hope they never discontinue it. I finished a big 3.4oz bottle, and I now have another 3.4oz, plus two 1.7oz bottles, plus a mini -- plus 2 lotions & 2 shower gels. (because I ordered 2 gift sets)

Below is how I realized how incredible this fragrance is:

I was once testing perfumes at TJ Maxx, and there were 2 girls on the opposite side of the display, also testing perfumes. All of a sudden there came this AMAZING scent from where they were testing. It stopped me in my tracks -- it was arrestingly beautiful. In a flash, I ran around the display & asked them what they had just sprayed -- it was Curious -- and it smelled sooooo much better than Every Other Perfume in the store, to my nose.

Words don't do it justice, but I'll try. Curious is light, delicate, clean, sweet, ethereal. It's a soft, limpid, languid, skin-musky, almost watery floral. I'm primarily a sweet gourmand & oriental vanilla lover -- also musks -- and I don't like florals unless they're very soft, musky, and sensual -- which Curious is. No loud or sharp tuberose, gardenias, roses, or big jasmines for me -- my florals have to be on the light, sweet, clean, softly skin-musky side.

The main floral note of Curious is magnolia, and there's also pear and vanilla in it -- all are sweet, fresh, light notes which meld together into magic-ness. Curious is soft, skin-musky, delicate, feminine -- just incredible! It's a shape-shifter -- it has a "je-ne-sais-qua" (sp). For being light, it's an EDP that has good strength, throw, & longevity.

An EDP which launched in 2004 by Elizabeth Arden, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pear, Lotus, Magnolia
Heart Notes -- Pink cyclamen, Jasmine, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Blond wood, Vanilla musk, Sandalwood

Others in this same general fragrance family -- which I also LOVE -- are Ralph Lauren Blue, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege, and Tocca Stella.

ADDENDUM 7/21/16: I craved and am now wearing Curious on this hot day and am still loooving it to pieces! Oooohhh, so good! Quite frankly, it almost takes me back to the discontinued Eau de Love, by Love Cosmetics, which I wore in Summer 1971. Eau de Love had an incredible light fresh ethereal musky sensuality -- and so does Curious.

Curious is one of my "essentials" -- I want to stockpile a lifetime supply in my closet.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been wearing this perfume on and off for a few years now, its a nice fresh/clean (out of the shower) kind of scent. Great for the spring and summer time but for the winter its not as powerful and strong as i would like it to be.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had several bottles of this fragrance. My most recent one I got was at big lots for like 6 bucks for a gift set!! amazing!! Im always on the look out for great perfume deals as it can be costly!! I dont mind this perfume, but it is not one I run to often, once in a while its nice, more in spring than any other time I tend to reach for this! it reminds me of a lot of classic scents and i think for many years this will be a classic scent.

My boyfriend used to absolutely LOVE this on me! When you first smell it, the chemicals are a little intense but as it fades over about a half hour, it smells like a beautiful, lovely scent and lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I would catch a whiff of this fragrance not knowing what it was. Everytime I asked what it was, people would tell me it was some Estee Lauder fragrance...or they couldn't remember. I guess they were embarrassed to say it was Britney Spears Curious. I bought this after Christmas in a gift set that was marked down not realizing THIS WAS THE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fragrance smells clean, light, summery, and young - perfect for every day. Not sure I would wear it for a night on the town, but this is my GoTo scent!!!!! I adore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Remember when they sold this at Wal-Mart? I'm not sure if they still do. It was cheap, I think I saw the bottle go for $10. I remember having a bottle, the smell was decent, but forgettable. It's affordable though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is actually the only one of Britney's perfume I have repurchased. Originally purchased it for $20 at Shoppers, a year ago, this has a clean, spring scent, perfect for everyday wear. I just repurchased this large size bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian) for $10/each (100ml) <-- MASSIVE steal!

Love this scent and it lasts a long time. Smells wonderful during the summer too!

Popular Fragrances