Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got my first bottle of Curious when it first came out and I'm probably on my 5th bottle right now. This is a very fresh, clean and sweet scent. It is long lasting and makes me think of spring and summer, although I do wear all different perfumes all year round. I don't discriminate! :) I was wearing this yesterday when I went to a rooftop party in Chicago and a girl stopped me to tell me how good I smelled. It's always nice to get compliments on your scent. I will definitely keep buying this as long as it continues being made. It is delicious, I love it!!

This is from Fragrantica:
The composition is based on the notes of white flowers surrounded by vanilla and musk nuances. It opens with fresh lotus, mouthwatering pear and magnolia. The intensive floral heart is composed of tuberose, jasmine and pink cyclamen. The sensual base is composed of musk, vanilla and precious woods.

I really like this perfume a lot more than I thought I would. I am a fan of Britney Spears' perfume range, I am more drawn to the sweeter scents of her Fantasy line, that is why I was suprised to like Curious so much. The main notes of Curious are Magnolia and Pear, and they go together very well. It is a floral scent, fresher than I was expecting, with a touch of sweetness from the pear which compliments the white floral very well. It smells like a flower patch in spring. It dries down to a somewhat vanilla floral, but not a gourmand vanilla, more of a chic, French vanilla scent. The floral scent is maintained. The scent has good staying power, it lasts on me for around 5-6 hours. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume, from both women and men, so it appears to be universally appeal and inoffensive. The bottle is beautiful, made of blue glass, so it looks beautiful sitting out on your vanity. This is a lovely Britney perfume, more age-appropriate for mature/professional women than the Fantasy range. This scent is perfect for a chic and classy young woman in the city. It is a gorgeous scent and I am very glad that I branched out and tried it. I highly recommend it.

Top Notes: Magnolia, Pear, Lotus.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Cyclamen, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, White Woods, Vanilla.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top notes: magnolia, lotus flower, pear
Heart: orchid, crème brulee, vanilla, Tonka bean, magnolia, lotus flower
Base notes: sandalwood and blonde woods, musk

I had to look all over the place to find these notes, because apparently Elizabeth Arden added the lotus, vanilla and magnolia.

Which is fine by me, because dang, does this smell good. I don't know if it's the mixture of pear and magnolia, but there's something special about it. When I sniff the bottle and close my eyes, it's as if I'm transported to a warm spring or early summer day, while traipsing through a gorgeous country garden that's nestled in the woods. It feels like greatness is just around the corner, like life is special and so are you.

You know that feeling you get when the weather starts to change into fall, when the first cool breeze blows your way, and something special stirs inside of you? It's almost a feeling of hope, like something phenomenal is waiting to happen. That's this perfume, only spring/summer for me. Strange, but true.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite perfume on earth. It's fresh, energising, mouthwatering, classy and so airy and light for summer. Wearing this feels like stepping into a garden full of fresh blossoming flowers after rain. However, at the same time the blonde woods featured makes you feel so cozy and like you're in a cabin in rural Louisiana in the summer time (I think that's where Britney got a lot of inspiration for Curious).

The magnolia in this perfume is incredible. It's the perfume that made me fall in love with them.

Lasting power is great and sillage is amazing. It's a staple perfume you need to have in your collection. I promise it won't disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love, love, love this perfume! Not sickeningly sweet, just clean, sexy, and floral. This lasts a good 6 hours on me. I will be stocking up on the gift sets for the holidays. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This perfume is my baby! I am a die-hard Britney fan, and when this first came out in like 2004, my teenage self went nuts! I went out and bought this, and fell in love. This is so floral, so feminine, I love everything about it. I can remember walking through the school halls, and fellow classmates would stop me and ask what I was wearing. This smells very floral, with small woodsy notes. It is very romantic, very "date-night" perfume, my husband loves it! I feel so sexy when I wear this, it's almost too much to wear to work. I will repurchase this over & over & over again. As a matter of fact, I am probably on my 5th or 6th bottle since it came out in '04. Absolutely an all-time favorite!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Curious is a breath of fresh air from your typical teenage girl gourmand. It smells very fresh, clean, and shampoo-like to me. I love a good white floral; honestly I've searched for higher end white florals but there's usually something about them I don't like, however, curious is my favorite affordable white floral/vanilla musk. I've loved this perfume since it came out; I remember smelling ads and wanting to buy it. The longevity is pretty decent for a celebriscent. Easy to find and decently priced, you can usually get a good deal online or at TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

A fun scent!! I am not in the target range demographic neither, but this is fruity & clean. I don't really like her or her music but this & Fantasy are super good perfumes!! They do seem a bit overpriced however which keeps me from purchasing this (& other celebutard perfumes) on a regular basis when I can get 7 for $35 at VS!! :)

As a major Britney fan when I was a teen, I of course wanted to own her perfume so when curious came out I purchased it. I loved it then and 7 years later I still love it. It's not too strong and I have received a load of compliments on how nice it is. I got a bottle of it for Christmas and I hadn't worn it in so long that I had forgotten how nice it is. Will deffo use up the bottle I got and would recommend buying. If in the market for a Britney perfume I think it's the nicest, steer clear of Fantasy, that stuff is so sweet that it's sickening!

I am clearly not in the age demographic for Curious, however, I love it. It does not give off that "juvenile" scent vibe like some other celebrity scents do and actually some non-celebrity scents (Aquolina Pink Sugar - i'm lookin' at you !!!). It is a creamy, soft white floral w/ a hint of vanilla that dries down to a more musky floral. It is a clean, cozy fragrance that makes you feel good. I also think it is appropriate for any occasion, season or time of day. It is soft but has staying power and has a decent sillage (the kind you want to have when people are within close range, NOT the kind that drives people screaming from an elevator. You can get this on sale at drug stores. You can get this at discount stores like TJ Maxx....so it's very cost effective. I like that she still does the gift sets w/ special little lip glosses or trinkets (because it's no longer carried at Macy's you don't get the REALLY fabulous gifts, but at least there's still cute girlie trinkets to be had). The bottle is fabulous..... I think any age can wear this and wear it well. Don't be prejudiced because you don't like Britney or you think it's "too young" .... bust outta your shell and try it :) I think you'll be glad that you did.

Popular Fragrances