Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.4

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

On a shopping trip last week I came across this fragrance & decided to give it a try. I really wasn't sure what to expect. But, I ending up really liking it. It's a long lasting sexy, musky floral w/a hint of vanilla. Very beautiful! And the blue bottle it comes in is equally beautiful, the pink charms are a great touch. I will definitely repurchase when my bottle runs out.

Now I have something to say to some of the other Women who have reviewed this, particularly the ones who gave it a bad review. You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Acting like immature girls making fun of Britney & practically gossiping about her. Her perfume has nothing to do with her personal life & you all have no business bringing her personal life into this. It's a shame that you can't just rate the perfume instead of bashing & rating her as well. Does it somehow make you all feel superior to put her down? Why would you even want to spend your time being so negative about someone you don't even know? If you don't like the perfume, that's fine & giving your honest review is what this is all about. But reviewing the product is where it needs to end. I'm no Britney fanatic, I think she is a young Woman who has made some mistakes like we ALL have, but that is her business! So from now on ladies let's act like grown ups & rate the product instead of gossiping about the person who produces it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Here we are again....on the never ending quest for the perfect signature fragrance. Recently decided it was time to make the transition from sugary gourmet scents to something a little more clean and sophisticated. Knew that I wanted something to *compliment* the gardenia lotion I use on a daily basis so started my search from there. Narrowed it down to Marc Jacobs Daisy, Kim Kardashian's first fragrance, and this one. Daisy was delicious but a little out of my price range, K/K was entirely overwhelming...rarely do I get headaches in general, let alone a scent induced one but this hit a nerve somewhere. Wore it around the outlet mall long enough to realize this and was just about to leave, feeling slight defeat before remembering there was a THIRD one on my list to test.

Perfection. Beautiful, clean & sophisticated. Jasmine and the slightest hint of sweet pear to take the edge off. I think the fact that it's celeb endorsed has robbed if of the credit it truly deserves for its elegance and although many of us make personal associations with memories of "high school" or "tween years" from when we remember it's initial release, and most likely the peak of its popularity, its not necessarily the most appropriate age group to classify this fragrance in to. It's by far the most mature BS fragrance & frankly, I'm in love.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I would catch a whiff of this fragrance not knowing what it was. Everytime I asked what it was, people would tell me it was some Estee Lauder fragrance...or they couldn't remember. I guess they were embarrassed to say it was Britney Spears Curious. I bought this after Christmas in a gift set that was marked down not realizing THIS WAS THE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fragrance smells clean, light, summery, and young - perfect for every day. Not sure I would wear it for a night on the town, but this is my GoTo scent!!!!! I adore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite perfume on earth. It's fresh, energising, mouthwatering, classy and so airy and light for summer. Wearing this feels like stepping into a garden full of fresh blossoming flowers after rain. However, at the same time the blonde woods featured makes you feel so cozy and like you're in a cabin in rural Louisiana in the summer time (I think that's where Britney got a lot of inspiration for Curious).

The magnolia in this perfume is incredible. It's the perfume that made me fall in love with them.

Lasting power is great and sillage is amazing. It's a staple perfume you need to have in your collection. I promise it won't disappoint.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Watching Gone With The Wind and wanted a southern belle fragrance to wear. The magnolia note in Curious screams 'Southern Belle.' Lovely, soft and uber-feminine scent! Absolutely remarkable sillage and long lasting. Curious is so good that everytime I wear it, I always wonder how much input Ms. Spears had in the making of this scent? It's really lovely and FBW for sure! And the bottle is just so feminine and pretty. Lovely all around.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top notes: magnolia, lotus flower, pear
Heart: orchid, crème brulee, vanilla, Tonka bean, magnolia, lotus flower
Base notes: sandalwood and blonde woods, musk

I had to look all over the place to find these notes, because apparently Elizabeth Arden added the lotus, vanilla and magnolia.

Which is fine by me, because dang, does this smell good. I don't know if it's the mixture of pear and magnolia, but there's something special about it. When I sniff the bottle and close my eyes, it's as if I'm transported to a warm spring or early summer day, while traipsing through a gorgeous country garden that's nestled in the woods. It feels like greatness is just around the corner, like life is special and so are you.

You know that feeling you get when the weather starts to change into fall, when the first cool breeze blows your way, and something special stirs inside of you? It's almost a feeling of hope, like something phenomenal is waiting to happen. That's this perfume, only spring/summer for me. Strange, but true.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This perfume is my baby! I am a die-hard Britney fan, and when this first came out in like 2004, my teenage self went nuts! I went out and bought this, and fell in love. This is so floral, so feminine, I love everything about it. I can remember walking through the school halls, and fellow classmates would stop me and ask what I was wearing. This smells very floral, with small woodsy notes. It is very romantic, very "date-night" perfume, my husband loves it! I feel so sexy when I wear this, it's almost too much to wear to work. I will repurchase this over & over & over again. As a matter of fact, I am probably on my 5th or 6th bottle since it came out in '04. Absolutely an all-time favorite!

If this perfume was by Versace, Gucci, Dior or Armani I would bet my life savings it would be a LOT more popular with an older crowd.
I've been wearing this perfume since it came out in 2004 and despite having a shelf full of perfumes by all of the above this aloways falls back into my day to day perfume. Boyfriends from years ago still say if they ever smell it on someone it'll remind them of me. It's very unique, there's no other perfume that smells even similar to this.
It's light and fruity with vanilla musky undertones, it smells of happiness :) It smells original, fun, fresh, clean, spontanious, active but not sporty. If you could smell the sound of someone laughing a carefree happy beautiful laugh, this would be the smell.
Don't be put off by the name, the bottle (which I happen to love) or the idea that it's very sweet. This is something unlike all others and since having my baby I have tried time and time again to get something more mature but this always comes back to me.
If I could rename it, I would call it Freespirit.

the most important thing to remember when buying a perfume is that it doesn't matter who makes it. when people smell you they aren't going to automatically think "chanel" or "expensive". it doesn't matter how much you pay for it or who makes it. i've smelled plenty of designer perfumes that i thought were wretched, and some cheap ones that were worth every penny.
that being said i like this perfume. it smells casual and young. if you don't want britney to have your money buy it from tj maxx or somewhere similar.

i would have given it 5 lippies but the scent doesn't stay on very long. other than that i think it's lovely. a good perfume is a good perfume by any other name. ;)

Curious is a very delicate, light, fresh and pretty scent. The people at Elizabeth Arden had more to do in creating this fragrance than Britney herself. Elizabeth Arden made a lot of money in marketing this fragrance. Here is a description of it: "Louisiana magnolia, golden anjou pear, lotus flower, tuberose, star jasmine, pink cyclamen, vanilla infused musk, sandalwood, blonde woods." The ingredients together make up a very lovely scent. On my body chemistry, it smells like a cross between Bath & Body Works American Girl Truly Me and Ralph Lauren Blue, but without the strong smell of musk, and with a light powdery dry down. Also, the fragrance notes in Finesse shampoo (my favorite) smell similar to Curious. If you like a sweet and delicate floral scent, you will love this fragrance.

Popular Fragrances