Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.4

I really like this perfume a lot more than I thought I would. I am a fan of Britney Spears' perfume range, I am more drawn to the sweeter scents of her Fantasy line, that is why I was suprised to like Curious so much. The main notes of Curious are Magnolia and Pear, and they go together very well. It is a floral scent, fresher than I was expecting, with a touch of sweetness from the pear which compliments the white floral very well. It smells like a flower patch in spring. It dries down to a somewhat vanilla floral, but not a gourmand vanilla, more of a chic, French vanilla scent. The floral scent is maintained. The scent has good staying power, it lasts on me for around 5-6 hours. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume, from both women and men, so it appears to be universally appeal and inoffensive. The bottle is beautiful, made of blue glass, so it looks beautiful sitting out on your vanity. This is a lovely Britney perfume, more age-appropriate for mature/professional women than the Fantasy range. It is a gorgeous scent and I am very glad that I branched out and tried it. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top notes: magnolia, lotus flower, pear
Heart: orchid, crème brulee, vanilla, Tonka bean, magnolia, lotus flower
Base notes: sandalwood and blonde woods, musk

I had to look all over the place to find these notes, because apparently Elizabeth Arden added the lotus, vanilla and magnolia.

Which is fine by me, because dang, does this smell good. I don't know if it's the mixture of pear and magnolia, but there's something special about it. When I sniff the bottle and close my eyes, it's as if I'm transported to a warm spring or early summer day, while traipsing through a gorgeous country garden that's nestled in the woods. It feels like greatness is just around the corner, like life is special and so are you.

You know that feeling you get when the weather starts to change into fall, when the first cool breeze blows your way, and something special stirs inside of you? It's almost a feeling of hope, like something phenomenal is waiting to happen. That's this perfume, only spring/summer for me. Strange, but true.

To Read all 742 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favourite perfume on earth. It's fresh, energising, mouthwatering, classy and so airy and light for summer. Wearing this feels like stepping into a garden full of fresh blossoming flowers after rain. However, at the same time the blonde woods featured makes you feel so cozy and like you're in a cabin in rural Louisiana in the summer time (I think that's where Britney got a lot of inspiration for Curious).

The magnolia in this perfume is incredible. It's the perfume that made me fall in love with them.

Lasting power is great and sillage is amazing. It's a staple perfume you need to have in your collection. I promise it won't disappoint.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love, love, love this perfume! Not sickeningly sweet, just clean, sexy, and floral. This lasts a good 6 hours on me. I will be stocking up on the gift sets for the holidays. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This perfume is my baby! I am a die-hard Britney fan, and when this first came out in like 2004, my teenage self went nuts! I went out and bought this, and fell in love. This is so floral, so feminine, I love everything about it. I can remember walking through the school halls, and fellow classmates would stop me and ask what I was wearing. This smells very floral, with small woodsy notes. It is very romantic, very "date-night" perfume, my husband loves it! I feel so sexy when I wear this, it's almost too much to wear to work. I will repurchase this over & over & over again. As a matter of fact, I am probably on my 5th or 6th bottle since it came out in '04. Absolutely an all-time favorite!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Curious is a really cheerful girly perfume. Sweet and pretty, it starts out with a really nice pear note combined with magnolia and lotus flower. The pear seems to linger until the dry down. I get jasmine in the heart notes. The dry down is soft musk with maybe a touch of vanilla. This lasts about 8 hours on my skin with moderate sillage. Personally, I think this makes a great everyday scent. It's light enough that you won't overwhelm people, but it still smells special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

This was the first item I ever bought off the internet from Kaufmann's in 2001. It's a nice spring/summer scent still, and it was pretty much the only fragrance I wore from 2001 to 2003. It never smelled weird on me, even after 12+ hours, and I got compliments on it constantly. It also doesn't attract bees, which is a major plus for a spring/summer fragrance! I did have problems with my atomizer not working after the second year, so the packaging was an issue for me. I buy lots of samples from eBay now since I don't wear it all that much.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This did not mesh well with my body chemistry. In the end, it smelled like urine on me mixed with florals. I only bought it because a friend of mine swore it smelled awesome. I guess it smelled awesome on her. No worries since it was cheap.

Bought this without ever having sniffed it as there was no tester. It smells like strong, cloyingly sweet synthetic berry hairspray. I love sweet scents but this goes too far. I felt nauseous after spraying it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When this product was new I absolutely loved it. I hadn't really come across many perfumes that I particularly fancied at my age (This being said, this is nice and I do think it's worth the money, but there are several more that are far more amazing than this). But for the affordable price for a nice, lingering fragrance I would recommend you to purchase.

Popular Fragrances