Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

2.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a bit disappointed in this fragrance. I decided to give this one a try since they did not have what I really wanted. Big mistake! I so wish I would stop doing that and just wait until I can find what I really want, but no that is not me!
This fragrance does nothing for me! Well other than make me feel yucky. I sprayed this on late evening thinking it smelled ok, but as the night went on, it took on a sickening appeal to my senses! I wanted to shower it off around 10 P.M. so bad, but I forced myself to wait until morning. ;-) I do not want to repeat this fragrance anytime soon.
The bottle is not as pretty as it looks on the internet but I have the large bottle. Perhaps the smaller size is prettier? Doesn't matter in this case though as I cannot stand to wear this scent. I do wonder what the note is in there that makes it so repulsive to my nose?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm not a great fan of Britney, nor does her celebrity status affect my decision about this fragrance. I don't care if this fragrance was created or endorsed by someone I really liked, I just find this perfume extremely awful.

I am plagued by this scent everyday by someone at work. Only one of those people have the chemistry to really make it smell nice. Other than that, all I get is some annoyingly sweet floral. I don't know whose idea it was to mix magnolia with vanilla, but it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. Magnolia by itself is beautiful. I am a fan of vanilla scents, so this was just blasphemy. What it reminds me of is dried up syrup on breakfast plates waiting to be washed & then someone uses some floral scented dish detergent to clean it up.

The only thing that I can say positive about this is that the bottle is very interesting, almost pretty. Britney, just stick to your music, okay?

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've been sampling perfumes lately (gotta get my Christmas list ready you know) and although I'm way past the apparent age group for this one, I really like it as does my husband. It's not bad when first put on but the drydown is great. On me it's soft, lightly sweet, long-lasting, and I can smell the nice vanilla. Because it is sweet and light (and it's from Britney) I can see why people think it's more for the younger crowd but this old foggie thinks it's a nice change from the heavy and sultry scents I normally favor. And who wouldn't love the fabulous bottles, they're beautiful! Even the boxes are very cool looking. If Santa doesn't bring this to me I'll buy it for myself. By the way, I tried 3 others at the same time I tried Curious and it's my pick of the 4. Here are my ratings: #1=Curious, #2=Coco Mademoiselle, #3=Shalimar Light, #4=Kenneth Cole's Black. UPDATE 11/26/04: Gave this another lippie because each time I've worn it I've loved it and each time it's had great staying power. In fact, I like it more everytime I wear it.

Popular Fragrances