Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I would catch a whiff of this fragrance not knowing what it was. Everytime I asked what it was, people would tell me it was some Estee Lauder fragrance...or they couldn't remember. I guess they were embarrassed to say it was Britney Spears Curious. I bought this after Christmas in a gift set that was marked down not realizing THIS WAS THE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This fragrance smells clean, light, summery, and young - perfect for every day. Not sure I would wear it for a night on the town, but this is my GoTo scent!!!!! I adore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am lucky enough to have brothers who have high paying jobs (doctors), so they usually buy me high end perfumes for special occasions. Curious would not usually be a perfume that is even on my radar, but I liked the look of the bottle and I happened to have a quick sniff at my local pharmacy and liked it. That led to a purchase and I have never looked back! I am not good at describing fragrance, but I like my perfume to be subtle and feminine. When I walk past you, I don't want that huge waft to overpower you, just a little sniff in the air. Curious has staying power, but is never overpowering or pushy. I feel like such a lady when I wear this. I never expected such a quality fragrance for such a great price!

I just bought my 2nd small bottle of Curious. It's nothing like the scents I've been wearing lately, which tend toward the dark and exotic. But I got a bottle of this on sale after Christmas several years ago, and I really liked it. This is a fresh, sparkling, feminine (not necessarily girly) scent in a gorgeous bottle. When I wear it, I smell like the Goddess of Spring. I used it up, and ever since then, I've wanted some more. It's just something I seem to need in my arsenal.
So now I have my Curious fix. I'm wearing it today, and I smell so pretty!
I could always be wrong, but I have the feeling this fragrance launched by a teen pop diva is a classic. And hopefully, when Britney is a distant memory, this scent will still be going strong!

I really expected this to be cheap and nasty. I was given this as a gift and I am very particular about fragrance. I have only worn about 5 perfumes in my life, so that should give you some idea of how particular I am. This is now one of my perfumes! I will not try to describe it as I am not very good at describing fragrance. It is subtle. It is not one of those perfumes that knock you over when a woman walks past. It is gentle and lovely. I was so surprised by this.

I was originally given a bottle of this as a gift when it first came on the market. I truly expected it to be horrible because it was a "celebrity" fragrance and it was the first by Britney. Up until that point, I was devoted to Eau Dynamissante by Clarins along with a couple of other high end fragrances. I absolutely love this perfume. I wont try to describe the smell as I am hopeless at that! It is very subtle and not overpowering which is very important to me as I cannot stand strong perfume. It also lasts all day on me. Interestingly enough, I do not like any of the other fragrances by Britney. They all seem very "lolly" like to me whereas Curious is sophisticated. In Australia, fragrances are quite inexpensive, but that may be because our dollar is stronger than the US dollar at the moment. I can pick up a decent sized bottle for anywhere between $19 - $30. Last time I purchased a gift set which included body wash and body mousse along with the perfume for $35.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Curious is just beautiful. It's a radiant, feminine, classy fragrance that can be worn by women at any age. This is sure to be a timeless classic!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Watching Gone With The Wind and wanted a southern belle fragrance to wear. The magnolia note in Curious screams 'Southern Belle.' Lovely, soft and uber-feminine scent! Absolutely remarkable sillage and long lasting. Curious is so good that everytime I wear it, I always wonder how much input Ms. Spears had in the making of this scent? It's really lovely and FBW for sure! And the bottle is just so feminine and pretty. Lovely all around.

Britney Spears's Curious just doesn't peak my curiosity. It's another generic white fruity floral in a herd of white fruity florals. There is nothing which makes this scent stand out, no "oomph" note...it's just "meh".
I actually admire Britney Spears (her tenaciousness and talent) but this scent is not noteworthy nor deserving of her name. It should be more unique, like she is. Maybe she shouldn't have partnered with Coty, Inc to produce a scent. I find most of the Coty scents of the last few years lack imagination.
Having said that, I would give it 3 stars but it has REALLY poor sillage, no lasting power at all. I can't really recommend this.

I never thought in a million years I would love this scent...but I do. I totally agree with the poster who said she never judges a scent by age or celebrity. You really must experience it for yourself to know if it's for you or not. And I was just blown away by this one. It is sweet and romantic, yet light enough to wear to work. Perfect!

I would have never ever tried this scent but I was given a sample. I wore it and my husband (who never likes anything) commented how much he liked it. My husband gives me all kinds of perfumes and colognes and when I wear them he says they are just "okay". Well, that was good enough for me, even though I am way out of the age range for this cologne! It is pretty and light. The only thing is, it does not seem to last that long.

Popular Fragrances