2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I was suprised at all the bad reviews for this. I recieved this in a swap, And I love it! I have naturaly wavy kinda curly hair. It makes my hair soft and really does help add curls and more defined waves to my hair. The smell is not bad, atleast mine isn't to me it just smells like all the other Aubrey Organics products, hard for me to describe, just that natural sent. Overall I would def. get this again! Works great for my hair. It's worth a try if you have wavy or curly hair. If you have it and don't like it contact me I'll swap for it! :)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

10 years ago

The best shampoos and conditioners I have used have been Aubrey Organics. But this product was horrible! The smell was repulsive, and lasted all day. I would have washed it out immediately but I had to go to work and live with the smell. Only used it once, then threw it out.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

Hmm. I'm a natural 4z. Aubrey Organics has many of my favorite products. I really, really tried to like this product because of its natural ingredients and because I love so many of its cousins. It left my hair moisturized for about 2 hours. Then I noticed a light coating on my hair. This didn't bother me too much but natural products should be absorbed, leaving nothing behind. The smell didn't bother me thoo much. At least it isn't all girly. One thing about AO is that whatever the smell is in nature, this is what you're getting in the bottle. I used half the bottle then mixed in some of Aubrey's White Camellia conditioner (LOVE THIS), grapeseed oil, and a few drops of glycerin. Now it's perfect! If they were to lower the price or increase the size I'd buy this again to use as a base for one of my concoctions. It has potential just needs a little tweaking.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

2.0

12 years ago

Oh good god, this is the most horrible smelling product EVER. I think I'm actually traumatized! It's a cross between wet golden retriever and something rotten in the veggie drawer. Ugh. It really makes me sick, and I'm not being dramatic. Both times I tried to use it, my son cried when I came near him, and my hubby wouldn't come close to my head/face area. Oh, and the smell takes hours to die-down. That's not what I'm wanting in a product. I thought it did a decent job on my curls, but I cannot tolerate the smell. I had thought of adding some essential oils to the bottle, and see that another reviewer did the same. If that covers the stench, I'll definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

1.0

12 years ago

I have 2c/3a loose curls, coarse, dehydrated and thick. This did absolutely nothing for my hair. I paid $10+ CAD for 4 oz's of a weirdly smelling concoction. This reminds me of early morning fishing trips with my dad (reminiscent, fine) but I don't want to smell like that!! It smells very masculine, like the lake and fishing. Honestly thats all I can describe it as. Plus, no matter how much or little I sprayed my hair- I either got stringy, lifeless waves or frizz. No conditioning effects either. I usually always have a hit & miss with natural haircare, which is a shame cos I want to head in that direction. Oh well.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

12 years ago

I gave this a 3 only because the smell was terrible. I have to put a spray of essential oils int it or on my hair to smell better. The product itself WORKS WONDERS- if you can get past the smell. I use it only a few times a week though, afraid it will strip my hair like the last person said. But I also use weleda in my hair a few times a month for moisture.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesBlack

14 years ago

Sugar Plum, please advise if you would like to share your extra bottles, please. I'll update with the results of my usage.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

HairBlack

2.0

14 years ago

The first time I used this product I thought it was absolutely fantastic! I couldn't believe the change-it was astonishing! This gave me really soft, shiny, abundant curls with body & no crunchiness. Before there had only been some half-hearted curls in the back but otherwise just a few waves in my thick, coarse, silver-salted, slightly dry & pretty short hair. I particularly loved having soft, shiny hair again, b/c as I've been aging I've found my hair starting to lose those qualities, and I was thrilled to get them back. Too bad it was so temporary-for a week or so I felt like Shirley Temple, but then my hair started becoming drier,less shiny & less curly. W/the help of the Hair board I realized that the Aubrey shampoo I was using was stripping my hair. I replaced it w/a John Masters shampoo (yes it's $$$, but since my hair's so short I only need a little) & waited for some recovery. I never saw much b/c this product has grain alcohol-a drying alcohol. Curses! I'd missed it when I'd read the ingredients before I bought it. I'll never make *that* mistake again. Of course the Aubrey website says it's a benign alcohol-I SO wish that was true! Maybe this would be OK for more oily hair, but it was a complete disaster for me. If you do try this, too little's better than too much. Too much will give you stiffness a lot like using too much old-fashioned hairspray used to. I also liked at much more when I used it on just towel-dried but still wet hair, and letting it air-dry seemed better. Quick air-drying, like sitting in a warm place outside, always gave me the most curls. I'm totally heartbroken. I loved this so much in the beginning, and now I have to start all over & search for a replacement w/no silicone, drying ingredients, or things I can't pronounce. Anyone want a couple of bottles?

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

from

16 years ago

My husband's hair was a severely damaged frizzball. No matter what products we tried, his hair would act better for a while and then just frizz up again.<br><p> When we stopped using Sodium Lauryl Sulfate products last winter, we bought a bunch of AUBREY ORGANICS products for his and my daughter's hair. <br><p> In combination with the JAY shampoo, the GPB conditioner, two of their hair jellies, my husband's hair has had a miraculous transformation. One of the products that does well with his hair is the SEA BUCKTHORN LEAVE IN CONDITIONER AND CURL ACTIVATOR. Whew, what a title. <br><p> Anyway, when wet, I spray some of this in his hair and leave it to air dry. It truly does encourage his hair to curl and look fabulous. On occasion, I talk him into skipping the GPB and using just this conditioner as a leave in. Works great and his hair has never looked like this before. <br><p> I have very fine and thin wavy hair and it also works well as a fine mist on me. I am amazed that it would work without weighing it down. <br><p> Will buy again. Wish it was a little cheaper, but there are not chemicals in it, and it really does help improve hair over time.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure