MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)
MAC MSF in Gold DepositMineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (Rococo)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Purchased this together with Betty Lou to try out and I prefer the latter! This is VERY pigmented and should be applied with a light hand otherwise hello disco ball! I also get a lot of glitter and fall out from this but the highlighter shows up beautifully on my skin tone. I have to agree with the other reviewer, this pulls a gorgeous gold on my skin if done just right and has amazing lasting power. I actually like this a few hours in rather than immediately after application.

In terms of packaging, it's very sturdy and travel friendly, not sure if mine is the new packaging but it has a clear bit that shows the product. Overall, it's quite nice packaging. The price point is a bit steep IMO, £24 for this is overdoing it. I would pay £15-20 for this but then again, the product goes a long way so might be worth it! I've had my highlighter for a year now and I haven't even used a tenth of it so that's a plus. As for repurchasing, I don't think I will. I don't reach for this as often as I would like and I like my Betty Lou a lot more. I would still recommend for purchase though.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It's a warm, orange-copper with a golden-copper sparkle and shimmer.I definitely pulls orange on me but I have Yellow/Orange undertones. I use it as a light blush as I don't won't to be reflective like a disco ball. I also use it to highlight breast bone area on the beach on when wearing low cut shirts/dresses for weekend events.A mere Google search will find cheaper dupes. I like this better then Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick which pulled chalky on me instead of golden bronze.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I paid a dollar for this because I used the gift checks I received as Christmas presents, otherwise I would have shelled out $45 for this in my country.

I am a Filipina with NC35 skin. The product I got came in the new packaging which is sturdier than the old one (magnetic closure is not so convenient when your hands are slippery with lotion).

The formula powdery and does come with a lot of glitter. However it does not seem so glittery when buffed in with a brush. I dont mind the glitter because it goes beautifully with my skin color. This photographs beautifully in sunlight, it was as if there was a golden morning light on my face. Very pretty.

The formula is not as fine as Becca's highlighters, but it is more travel friendly than Becca's pressed powders which are very soft. If you are scared of glitter, go for Becca's highlighters, but this MAC MSF is also gonna get a lot of loving form me because the color is just so beautiful and works so well with my skin.

I don't think this will work well with fair skinned ladies, but for medium skin to dark skin ladies this will look very wonderful, especially those with warm undertones.

Compared with BETTY LOU MANIZER this is true golden color. Betty is more brown. I can use the gold deposit alone or on top of Betty Lou.

As to application, I used a fluffy brush to apply over my cheeks and temples. Would not put this on my Cupid's Bow because it would be too OTT. But over all, this is such a nice golden cheek color to wear :)

on 12/1/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Buy it.

It took a while to get used to since i was new to highlighting and contouring but now I cant live without it.

It makes my dark skin glow beautifully especially the tip of my nose and cheek bones

on 12/11/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hearing all the rave reviews I expected a lot more out of gold deposit. In my opinion it just looks like chunky gold glitter it doesn't give one of those nice sheer luminous glows I aim to achieve. A little goes a long way. And the new packaging is really annoying as it is a pain to open especially if you just applied cream or your hands are sweaty or sticky. I wouldn't particularly reccomend as there are much nicer cheaper highlighters like the highlighter and bronzer in the sleek face form is lifeeeeeee I'm in the shade dark and I reccomend it for all of my medium to dark skinned girls

on 11/14/2015 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Gold Deposit is a gorgeous gold coppery shade. On my NC35 complexion I can use this as a sheertone shimmer bronzer and when I have a little tan this as a highlight enhances that sun-kissed look.

If you're a deeper complexion then this will be a gorgeous highlighter. Also great as an eyeshadow.

on 7/30/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Everyone keeps saying you need warm skin tone or olive undertones to pull this off. This is completely untrue. I am NW15, with a very cool undertone, and I wear this as a blush in the summer. It warms up my skin tone without looking muddy, gives me that summer glow that I am missing while everyone who surrounds me has that summer tan that I do not!!! use with a light hand as a high cheek bone blush and you too will have that summer glow!

on 3/4/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gold Deposit looks beautiful but very metallic in the pan. I almost didn't buy it, but the makeup artist said that with my skin tone it would give me that J.Lo glow. Who doesn't want that? I'm so glad I listened to her! On my NC40 skin this bronzer/highlighter shows up beautifully. However, a little goes a long way. It's easy to end up looking like a glittering disco ball if you aren't careful, so apply a minimal amount first and add more if needed. Also, I think this bronzer is best suited for olive/tan/deep skin because it has very warm undertones. I spent $32 on this and I wish it was less expensive, but since there's so much product I'm sure it'll last me a long time. I can see myself repurchasing this once I run out!

on 3/17/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am an NW47 and this product looks gorgeous on my skin. Its a lovely highlighter and gives me a really great glow. It is very glittery so I only apply a minimal amount to my brush and apply it just above my contour line. It is a bit pricey but as I only use a small amount I think I will have it for a while before it runs out. I can't wait to start using this in the summer :)

on 9/29/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm extremely late to the party but this is such a beautiful highlighter!

I have warm undertones and I find that Gold deposit completely compliments my skin tone and does not give me that dreaded 'ashy' look. I swipe a little on the high points of my face, my chin and nose. I avoid my forehead as my *fivehead does not need any more attention than it already gets!

As you only need a little, I feel as though it will take me around a year to finish this product which definitely saves the pennies.

This has been my staple throughout summer. It gives off the illusion of a healthy glow and has made my tan seem long lasting.

I've received plenty of compliments and questions about this highlighter and people are kind of shocked (I don't know why!) when I tell them it's from MAC.

I nearly bought that Bobbi brown shimmer brick thingy that's a similar colour recently. That is also a beautiful shade however, save some money and buy Gold deposit :)