Dior Pure Poison

Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 12/31/2016 6:33:00 PM

Pure Poison is a scent that I really enjoy it contains pretty much all the scents or notes that I love. First let me say the white florals the Jasmine and Gardenia are two of my favorite flowers they are heady and intoxicating almost narcotic in their scent. The Bergamont gives it a freshness while the amber and Sandalwood are two of my favorite scents that comfort me. Finally the cedar which I really don't notice too much doesn't smell wrong on me. So for me I adore this scent Ilike to wear this at night primarily or special occasions.

I enjoy this so much I found an oil dupe or type so I can smell like it more often without breaking the bank. Also the oil dupe is a lot stronger than the actual Dior. So I'm happy I have the oil to layer with the edp. I always look for vintage bottles but they are hard to find and are very pricey. This though is a lovely fragrance that I think is one that I will be wearing for a long time. I never grow tired of it, it's just a great perfume that I'm so glad I originally purchased on a blind buy. Glad I took the risk as this has turned into one of my favorites. Recommended.

on 12/10/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is what I imagine a prestigious and beautiful bride would wear on her big day. Pure Poison is the purest form of seduction.

The bottle is worth dying for, especially the pre-formulation bottle, with the 'oil-spill' effect on the translucent white bottle. The new one is also quite beautiful. It is also a beautiful display on the perfume collection, which is a great plus.

Dior's Pure Poison to me smells as delicate and pure as facial tissues somehow. It also reminds me of a bride, and also shopping at the mall with white fur or a cozy cardigan. It smells really cozy and 'pure', and being a poison - mildly seductive. It opens with citrus notes like mandarin, bergamot and orange blossom, and then the white flowers - jasmine and gardenia come soon afterwards. Unlike other poisons, the base is quite simple; it doesn't play a big role in the life of the fragrance - musk, sandalwood and white amber. At least to me, the white flowers are the most dominant.

Pure Poison is wonderful because it is quite potent, while being still very soft (if that makes sense) and it also lasts very long - at least 10+ hrs on the skin and much longer on clothing. It is also quite versatile as long as you don't overdo it. It is worth the big price tag and I recommend this to everyone, on any occasion. A big thumbs-up from me. I'll always keep a bottle handy.

on 5/28/2016 8:45:00 AM

I bought this for my self, as a birthdaypresent, when I was 18. When I had used it all, I saved up to buy a new one.

I think this soft smelling gem, is gonna be one of my favorites through my whole life.

on 5/15/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really beautiful scent! Lots of white florals, jasmine and gardenia. It is a big floral scent, a quieter version of Poison. Pure Poison is delicate and soft.

on 12/6/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I almost never buy new perfume spontaneously always wanting to make sure I will still like it later, on a different day... Dior Pure Poison EDP was probably my only spontaneous perfume purchase that I never regretted. Instantly loved it.

It's floral, but not too sweet. Quite strong, but not overpowering at all. Long lasting. I always thought of it as "everyone's fragrance" that could easily please women of any age and could be worn on nearly any occasion. It's inoffensive, has no notes of any sharp, prominent scent (don't know how to describe it, this is something I get in so many perfumes and I either love it or hate it, while in Pure Poison I can only smell a pleasant aroma with nothing too specific in it).
Romantic, beautiful, classy... I discovered Pure Poison by pure coincidence and cannot be happier about it :)

on 10/25/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is such a beautiful, ethereal flowery fragrance, I just love it.

Pure Poison starts out strong and sweet, with hints of citrus, green notes and candied fruit fading into a fresh white floral. The sweetness calms as it dries down to a pale, almost-powdery blend of sandalwood, pale amber and lots of musk. It is not quite soapy, but it starts out clean and fresh and it stays that way, and to my nose, evokes some sort of scented body product; a body wash, perhaps, or hair conditioner. Like Tendre Poison, it is soft without being in the least delicate: it has impressive sillage, and the lasting power is excellent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is amazing. It's basically gardenia, jasmine and neroli flowers, white soap along the lines of Ivory or Dove, and then a dry down of cedar and sandalwood. It smells beautiful on clothing as well as skin. It's just so calming. It reminds me of my orange trees and gardenias when I lived in Florida and the jasmine growing over all the trellises when I lived in California. It lasts all day. I don't think it's overly strong or offensive to anyone though. It would work for just about any situation from causal to formal. If you like clean scents that aren't sugary or detergent clean, give it a try. Totally different than the other Poison fragrances.

on 9/3/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My current favourite! Very long lasting!! This sat on my dressing table for months and I totally forgotten about it as I started used Kenzo's Flower EDT and EDP and was so obsessed with it, but that doesn't last for long, unlike this gem!! So glad to start using this again. And may I add, I absolutely love the bottle design. In love!!

on 5/5/2015 2:52:00 PM

I love the smell... I've had few pple asking what it was. I can't get over the smell, it's so subtle yet so striking. It's not a heavy at all. I started using it bc I'm allergic to so many products but not to this one

on 3/19/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pretty perfume that unfortunately gives me a headache. So sad! This tends to happen to me -- as well as to many others -- with big heady indolic white florals (jasmine, orange blossom, gardenia, tuberose, honeysuckle, sometimes freesia, lily, or rose) -- depending on how they're used in the fragrance.

Softer floral notes such as lily-of-the-valley (aka muguet), magnolia, mimosa, lilac, orchid, violet, peony, water lily, lotus blossom, etc -- these are the florals I generally prefer and gravitate toward.

Launched in 2004 by Dior, here are Pure Poison's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes- Bergamot, Jasmine, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Neroli
Base Notes - Sandalwood, White amber, Cedar

Pure Poison's irridescent white bottle is beautiful, and the scent is quite strong, yet it has an innocent quality too. It's a lush, luminous fragrance. My husband, who loves florals, gifted it to me when it launched, and I will always keep it in my collection -- just to sniff from the bottle.

Of the 4 Poisons I own -- orig Poison, Pure Poison, Midnight Poison (rose & patchouli), and Hypnotic Poison -- my favorite is *definitely* Hypnotic Poison, which is a luscious oriental containing almond & vanilla (wrote separate review).

Popular Fragrances