Dior Pure Poison

Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 12/30/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish that I was one of those women with a signature scent. The kind, wear you smell a scent and instantly think of them. Unfortunately I haven’t found a scent that I like enough to become that woman.
This is pretty, dries down to almost a spicy vanilla scent on me , but fades rapidly. Within two hours it’s totally gone. However it smells beautiful on my sweater for at least 6 :)
I don’t find it strong at all, and with my chemistry I need something stronger.

on 7/24/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm giving 5 stars to the old version. The new formula gets 1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Pure Poison is a lovely floral scent, and a worthy companion to the original Poison. It isn't as mysterious as the original, but it still possesses a lot of depth that keeps it from just smelling flowery. I think this is the flanker that is most like the original, but still different enough to evoke something else entirely. If you find Poison to be too jarring or too complex, then Pure Poison might be a good option.

on 12/31/2016 6:33:00 PM

I have the 2011 version and finally just got my hands on a 2004 version of this and I am so happy! They both smell lovely but I do prefer the original and here's why. Though they are identical almost in scent what is different to me is how the notes project. The 2004 one you can almost smell each individual note. Whereas my 2011 is a little more linear I would say.

What I do like more about the reformulated one is the musk! It is so musky in such a good way. I catch wiffs of it all day. I also noticed that the newer one is stronger and lasts longer on my skin. I'm not saying the original is not just take in to account I purchased this as a preowned item so I don't know how well it was kept.

Either way both are very very similar. I don't get those who think the older was so much better that they don't even bother with the new one. I think they both smell so good and have excellent sillage and longevity. I love them both but if the older one stays pretty pricey I'll sick with the new one because the differences are negligable.

on 12/10/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is what I imagine a prestigious and beautiful bride would wear on her big day. Pure Poison is the purest form of seduction.

The bottle is worth dying for, especially the pre-formulation bottle, with the 'oil-spill' effect on the translucent white bottle. The new one is also quite beautiful. It is also a beautiful display on the perfume collection, which is a great plus.

Dior's Pure Poison to me smells as delicate and pure as facial tissues somehow. It also reminds me of a bride, and also shopping at the mall with white fur or a cozy cardigan. It smells really cozy and 'pure', and being a poison - mildly seductive. It opens with citrus notes like mandarin, bergamot and orange blossom, and then the white flowers - jasmine and gardenia come soon afterwards. Unlike other poisons, the base is quite simple; it doesn't play a big role in the life of the fragrance - musk, sandalwood and white amber. At least to me, the white flowers are the most dominant.

Pure Poison is wonderful because it is quite potent, while being still very soft (if that makes sense) and it also lasts very long - at least 10+ hrs on the skin and much longer on clothing. It is also quite versatile as long as you don't overdo it. It is worth the big price tag and I recommend this to everyone, on any occasion. A big thumbs-up from me. I'll always keep a bottle handy.

on 5/28/2016 8:45:00 AM

I bought this for my self, as a birthdaypresent, when I was 18. When I had used it all, I saved up to buy a new one.

I think this soft smelling gem, is gonna be one of my favorites through my whole life.

on 5/15/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really beautiful scent! Lots of white florals, jasmine and gardenia. It is a big floral scent, a quieter version of Poison. Pure Poison is delicate and soft.

on 12/6/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I almost never buy new perfume spontaneously always wanting to make sure I will still like it later, on a different day... Dior Pure Poison EDP was probably my only spontaneous perfume purchase that I never regretted. Instantly loved it.

It's floral, but not too sweet. Quite strong, but not overpowering at all. Long lasting. I always thought of it as "everyone's fragrance" that could easily please women of any age and could be worn on nearly any occasion. It's inoffensive, has no notes of any sharp, prominent scent (don't know how to describe it, this is something I get in so many perfumes and I either love it or hate it, while in Pure Poison I can only smell a pleasant aroma with nothing too specific in it).
Romantic, beautiful, classy... I discovered Pure Poison by pure coincidence and cannot be happier about it :)

on 10/25/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is such a beautiful, ethereal flowery fragrance, I just love it.

Pure Poison starts out strong and sweet, with hints of citrus, green notes and candied fruit fading into a fresh white floral. The sweetness calms as it dries down to a pale, almost-powdery blend of sandalwood, pale amber and lots of musk. It is not quite soapy, but it starts out clean and fresh and it stays that way, and to my nose, evokes some sort of scented body product; a body wash, perhaps, or hair conditioner. Like Tendre Poison, it is soft without being in the least delicate: it has impressive sillage, and the lasting power is excellent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is amazing. It's basically gardenia, jasmine and neroli flowers, white soap along the lines of Ivory or Dove, and then a dry down of cedar and sandalwood. It smells beautiful on clothing as well as skin. It's just so calming. It reminds me of my orange trees and gardenias when I lived in Florida and the jasmine growing over all the trellises when I lived in California. It lasts all day. I don't think it's overly strong or offensive to anyone though. It would work for just about any situation from causal to formal. If you like clean scents that aren't sugary or detergent clean, give it a try. Totally different than the other Poison fragrances.