Dior Pure Poison

Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 5/28/2016 8:45:00 AM

I bought this for my self, as a birthdaypresent, when I was 18. When I had used it all, I saved up to buy a new one.

I think this soft smelling gem, is gonna be one of my favorites through my whole life.

on 5/15/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really beautiful scent! Lots of white florals, jasmine and gardenia. It is a big floral scent, a quieter version of Poison. Pure Poison is delicate and soft.

on 12/6/2015 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I almost never buy new perfume spontaneously always wanting to make sure I will still like it later, on a different day... Dior Pure Poison EDP was probably my only spontaneous perfume purchase that I never regretted. Instantly loved it.

It's floral, but not too sweet. Quite strong, but not overpowering at all. Long lasting. I always thought of it as "everyone's fragrance" that could easily please women of any age and could be worn on nearly any occasion. It's inoffensive, has no notes of any sharp, prominent scent (don't know how to describe it, this is something I get in so many perfumes and I either love it or hate it, while in Pure Poison I can only smell a pleasant aroma with nothing too specific in it).
Romantic, beautiful, classy... I discovered Pure Poison by pure coincidence and cannot be happier about it :)

on 10/25/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is such a beautiful, ethereal flowery fragrance, I just love it.

Pure Poison starts out strong and sweet, with hints of citrus, green notes and candied fruit fading into a fresh white floral. The sweetness calms as it dries down to a pale, almost-powdery blend of sandalwood, pale amber and lots of musk. It is not quite soapy, but it starts out clean and fresh and it stays that way, and to my nose, evokes some sort of scented body product; a body wash, perhaps, or hair conditioner. Like Tendre Poison, it is soft without being in the least delicate: it has impressive sillage, and the lasting power is excellent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is amazing. It's basically gardenia, jasmine and neroli flowers, white soap along the lines of Ivory or Dove, and then a dry down of cedar and sandalwood. It smells beautiful on clothing as well as skin. It's just so calming. It reminds me of my orange trees and gardenias when I lived in Florida and the jasmine growing over all the trellises when I lived in California. It lasts all day. I don't think it's overly strong or offensive to anyone though. It would work for just about any situation from causal to formal. If you like clean scents that aren't sugary or detergent clean, give it a try. Totally different than the other Poison fragrances.

on 9/3/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My current favourite! Very long lasting!! This sat on my dressing table for months and I totally forgotten about it as I started used Kenzo's Flower EDT and EDP and was so obsessed with it, but that doesn't last for long, unlike this gem!! So glad to start using this again. And may I add, I absolutely love the bottle design. In love!!

on 5/5/2015 2:52:00 PM

I love the smell... I've had few pple asking what it was. I can't get over the smell, it's so subtle yet so striking. It's not a heavy at all. I started using it bc I'm allergic to so many products but not to this one

on 3/19/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Pretty perfume that unfortunately gives me a headache. So sad! This tends to happen to me -- as well as to many others -- with big heady indolic white florals (jasmine, orange blossom, gardenia, tuberose, honeysuckle, sometimes freesia, lily, or rose) -- depending on how they're used in the fragrance.

Softer floral notes such as lily-of-the-valley (aka muguet), magnolia, mimosa, lilac, orchid, violet, peony, water lily, lotus blossom, etc -- these are the florals I generally prefer and gravitate toward.

Launched in 2004 by Dior, here are Pure Poison's notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes- Bergamot, Jasmine, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Neroli
Base Notes - Sandalwood, White amber, Cedar

Pure Poison's irridescent white bottle is beautiful, and the scent is quite strong, yet it has an innocent quality too. It's a lush, luminous fragrance. My husband, who loves florals, gifted it to me when it launched, and I will always keep it in my collection -- just to sniff from the bottle.

Of the 4 Poisons I own -- orig Poison, Pure Poison, Midnight Poison (rose & patchouli), and Hypnotic Poison -- my favorite is *definitely* Hypnotic Poison, which is a luscious oriental containing almond & vanilla (wrote separate review).

on 11/28/2014 4:58:00 PM

I get so many compliments when I wear this, I don't normally purchase the same perfume more than once but I will make an exception for this bottle. A little goes a long way- one spritz and you're set for the entire day! Very long lasting!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this Eau de parfum, it is very strong and I would say smells of white florals and musk, with a slight sweetness and freshness but also heady at the same time! I put one squirt on my wrists then touch them on my neck, that's it! This is not the perfume to be spraying all about the place like a body spray, you will choke people and scare them away! I'd say this is a winter scent but could be worn day or night as it does have a freshness to it! The smallest bottle is 48 and you can't get a discount anywhere really, unless boots are doing 5 off etc...as is the case with Chanel fragrances! The only reason I won't buy again is because it probably will never run out, and I seem to get a headache when I wear it, maybe a coincidence?? I can't see teenagers wearing this, it's not a girly, fruity, candy floss smell, I'd say it's for the more mature woman, late 20's upwards. Definitely worth a try!

Popular Fragrances