Paula Dorf Eye shadow

Eye shadow

4.4

on 8/23/2016 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a couple palettes I found for under $5 each. These eyeshadows are amazing!! I posted some pictures of both so hopefully they are up for all to see. The quad called "Smoke and Ashes" I got at T. J. Maxx a couple months ago and the ten color palette called "Smokey Eyeshadow Palette" I got at Ross just yesterday. I was really pleased with the quad so when I saw the palette I had to get it. The textures of these are nice. Not quite UD or Lorac quality. They are more like Milani. The frosted ones are a bit creamier than the satins but not by much. There are no real mattes in these palettes but all the eyeshadows are subtle on the eyes not glittery except one color that has some glitter in it. They are on the slightly sheer side but build up well. I find they all blend nicely and the colors all stay true to pan and swatches when applied to the lid. They wear about six hours plus with primer. They cause no irritation to my eyes as well. The colors are neutral and look good on my cool toned skin. I recommend these to anyone.

on 5/2/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I found these at TJ Maxx (7 in a package (they were duos for some reason?) for $5, so 14 shades) they're very pigmented, and all the shades I got were good everyday colours, and great to travel with.

Yes paula dorf does have a lot of pigmentation.....just as much as mac but their colors are not as wild. she made her whole line to be friendly for all skin tones which i love. I like that you can use the transformer and make liner out of any of her shadows. If anyone has problems with the eyeshadow getting all over the place heres what you do......trick of the trade......shadow first foundation/ concelor last.....so you can clean up any bo bo's. favorite colors- mambo, golddigger, metro, stardust, tease, and halo

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have several of these shadows( and Glimmers) and LOVE them all! HUGE pot of color with a screw top lid. I doubt I will ever hit pan on these, as they are so large. Velvety application, great pigmentation, and long wearing with minimal creasing. Would repurchase.

on 10/30/2007 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are first-class eye shadows, they apply like velvet, have rich coloring and last forever. Worth every penny! I didn't choose the right colors my first time, and will try to swap, but I will definitely repurchase her eyeshadows in better color choices for me.
Someone compared these to Stila -- no way. These are another quality level, much higher.

on 12/7/2006 11:28:00 PM

I really like some of the colors but I really expected more pigment in the shadows. That was a let down esp. because they aren't cheap... almost 2o bucks, I think.

on 10/30/2006 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only own one Paula Dorf eyeshadow, in Safari, which is a deep, matte green. I'm the only person on the planet that likes matte shadows, it seems, so finding this shade from Paula Dorf was a nice surprise. I've had this huge pot for several years, and considering how strongly pigmented it is, it'll be a miracle if I ever reach the bottom of it. I literally just tap the surface with my brush and apply. Very high quality product that is easy to apply and blend (i hate the powdery mess that spill on your cheeks with some shadows). Highly recommended; I think this eyeshadow is a good value.

Paula Dorf eye shadows are simply THE BEST! Smooth, easily blended, and highly pigmented. She gives you a nice size and wonderful quality. The shadow stays on well and the colors are rich and luscious. Must haves...for sure! I wish I could give it more than 5 lippies.

I've had Paula Dorf's eyeshadow in Tribal for almost two years. The pot is so big and the product is so pigmented that I probably have enough for another two years. The color is a reddish mud brown. I think it looks striking on my PPP cool complexion. There is no glitter or iridescence in it, which I like. I think matte is more flattering. Also it is incredibly easy to blend. a staple in my makeup collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Highly recommended. I have a palette of PD eye shadows (comes with eye primer and a brush). I never liked to use shadow with shimmer before because they made me look really "fake", but PD colors with shimmer have a more natural look. Overall, high quality product that goes on beautifully. There has been some breaking up, but minimal when compared to Stila, which is the worst.