City Cosmetics City Lips Collagen Lip Plumping Treatment

City Lips Collagen Lip Plumping Treatment

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There are a lot of different listings for this product and City Cosmetics is actually a listed brand but this one seems to have the most recent reviews and I had to make an executive decision so here I am.
I started using this as a result of a very unsettling string of events in which my MOTHER saw an ad on FACEBOOK and that actually prompted her to purchase one for each of us. The only way I can sleep at night is that she doesn’t use Instagram.
Before confessing this to me she kept it in-house for a few weeks and when she noticed an impressive improvement in the condition of her lips (smoother, appeared a bit plumper) she gave me a tube.
I’m now on my second - and third - one for bedside and one for my bag.
Here’s the thing - in my opinion of course - what makes this so excellent is that it moisturizes the lips so phenomenally that it’s actually changed my life. I mean, I didn’t sell my apartment and travel the world or anything but my somewhat chronic lip chapping has not happened once since using this. Not one time. And it’s been over six months.
This doesn’t have any of the burning cooling stinging sensations I associate with other products that make similar claims which is a huge plus for me because Im not a fan of that feeling and I suspect it’s all bells and whistles (because it is).
The truth is that the skin on my lips is so improved that yes they appear plumper. Without a doubt. I’m a habitual bright-red lipstick wearer and for reasons I myself can’t explain I’ve for the most part stopped wearing lipstick altogether. This stuff just feels so good and looks good too.
It isn’t too sticky it’s not greasy and it stays put FOR HOURS. it’s like a shield of moisture and shine.
I’ve tried a good amount of high end lip products - Bite Agave lip mask, La Mer lip products, and several others that have been hyped over the years but this is the only one I’ve repurchased.
I get that City Cosmetics admittedly has a slightly shady vibe, mainly because of all the other independent companies with products making too-good-to-be-true claims, but this is a truly quality lip product that does it all and does it well. No scent no sting and no testing on animals!

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

I actually love this stuff. Many lip glosses and lipsticks leave my lips dry and peeling. I'm assuming I must be allergic to some ingredient used in most of them. I can use the Buxom brand and this, but this one is more moisturizing. It leaves my lips soft and smooth, maybe slightly plumped. I consider it more of a moisturizer than a gloss. At my age, soft and smooth is good. I don't love the container, it seems as if there's always some left that I can't get out. And it's really expensive at $35. If you buy it on their website, just put one tube in your basket and start to check out. After you put all your information in and submit the order, it will give you the option to add additional tubes at a lower price, so I can get 2 tubes for about $50, which is better than 1 tube for $35.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The wonder of it all, is that it lives up to it's expectations! I have this in clear and Tinsel - Town, I finished the Nude York and Los Angelips last year.

on 6/21/2015 11:03:00 PM

Well this was a disappointment. I received this in one of my subscriptions and will be reviewing it there too. I followed the instructions and I didn't experience any of the irritation that some of you felt or tingling. This is just a plain clear lip gloss and not even a good one at that. I will not purchase this or recommend to anyone.

on 1/13/2015 10:38:00 AM

I AM EXTREMELY DISAPOINTED WITH THE PRODUCT!!!! IT DIDNT WORK AND THEY DIDNT RETURN MY MONEY! THE GUARANTEE THEY GIVE IS FALSE!!!

on 10/22/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. As soon as I put it on I saw a difference, especially in my top lip which is thinner than my bottom. Try not to get any product on your skin, it will make it itchy and red, but nothing unbearable. Not only does it plump your lips, but it makes your lips look and feel so smooth. Sometimes instead of wearing it during the day, I'll apply it at night and wake up with plumpy soft lips. I love it!

on 10/21/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I gave in and bought 2 for $40. Honestly, I was hoping this would plump my lips even 1/2 mm. The first time I put it on, my lips were irritated and the skin around my lips turned a bright red and it burned. Then, I kept trying it and the redness went away and it no longer burned but tingled. It is sticky and it doesn't have long wear. The colors are pretty. I've used it for a week twice a day and have seen no results. I'll keep trying for 30 days just to follow through. I already spent the $40, I might as well!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I fell for City Lips marketing tactics after seeing numerous beauty gurus raving about these glosses. I used a coupon code and bought the combo pack in Nude York and Tinsel Town and I really like Nude York's color which is a champagne nude. I followed the directions and applied the gloss and waited about 5 minutes before applying lipstick and did not feel any of stinging associated with lip plumpers, however, I also did not see any increase in lip size. I will say that I have had Juvaderm lip injections so I don't know if I have scar tissue in my lips that is preventing me from seeing the full effect of the gloss. Nude York is a pretty color, but I will not be paying the $40 to repurchase it.

on 7/31/2014 5:40:00 AM

just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! i already have big lips but they got even bigger!!!!!!!!!!!would buy it again!!!!!!! not sticky at all!!!!!

on 6/24/2014 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I jus happened to come across City Lips online.. I was skeptical, b/c not only did it promise fuller lips.. But an overall lip treatment.. Wrinkles etc..I'm a lipgloss junkie, who tried EVERY brand of gloss..I have full lips already, so I wasn't expecting much.. When I recieved it in clear, applied at least twice a day as recommend... N honestly within days.. I seen my lips not only grow in size, but definitly healthier!!!! Soft n smooth.. Getting Asked if I had my lips done!!. I'm so happy they came out w/ more colors.. Now this is the only gloss I will ever use!!!! It's honestly the "Holy Grail" of lip plumper/ treatment!!!!!!

Top Rated Lip Treatments