Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Price: $

Price: $

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

on 10/16/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this on my short, choppy, edgy, layered hair. Maybe its name is accurate, because it made my hair feel like gum. I love Garnier, but this was a really disappointing product. It made my hair feel and look sticky and gross.

i thought it worked good. but i have used better products like this. that is why i am not re-buying this

on 4/7/2006 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this stuff around last year or so to use on my layered chin-length hair. I was into the whole flipped-out hair style, which I never really successfully achieved b/c my hair is thin, flat, and very fine. However, I started using this recently for another purpose. Since my natural hair color has been growing, my hair has become thin and flat again, but I don't want to put chemicals in my hair again just to make it "thicker" or "course". The length is past my shoulders and it has a few layers. This year has been the only year I can actually "scrunch" my hair to where it looks decent. When I tried it before, people asked me why I messed my hair up not knowing I was actually trying to make it look "cute" lol! Anyway, I gave this product a try while trying to scrunch my hair and it worked very nicely. My hair wasn't as frizzy, it smelled nice, and my "scrunches" looked better than w/ just using gel, serum, and hairspray. I now use this in place of my gels. Another product I sometimes combine this w/ is the Aussie Sprunch Spray. I love the smell of that product, heh. You don't need to use a lot of product because it's very messy and it spreads. Never use it on one section of the hair, either. I learned that the hard way... =x I put a small size into my hand and rub my palms together, and then I turn my hair upside down and just start scrunching over and over until I throw my hair back and see if I need more product or not. Its works very nicely and if you're someone whose hair is really hard to scrunch using other products, I recommend this highly. I also recommend a hairstyle w/ lots of layers or some short pieces of hair. If not, your hair will probably look like a tangled mess! =]

Makes my short hair spikey. Kinda cheap for only $2.50 a jar, but then again the $.89 dollar store gel works too, it all depends on how long you want your hair styled. With the putty, I have to apply 3-4x a day to make the back of my hair spikey. Would probably buy again because of the price, but I'm still looking for spike material :o)

on 4/6/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 1" spiked hair, and this goo works the best of anything I have ever tried meeting these four criteria (ranked on a 10 pt scale):

Holds in place:9

seperates:9

touch up (wet fingers thru hair):8

Washes out easily and cleanly:10

Take a fingerful out rub vigorously between your hands and rub it into wet or dry hair.

I have been using this for about 2 years, and although I have tried other things, I always come back to it. Can't beat the price, and the quality. Took one lippie off because the tub can be a little messy.

on 11/7/2004 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for hold and shaping hair!!! It has become a staple.

on 10/23/2004 9:22:00 PM

Let me tell you what the secret is to using this product. I have very fine, wavy, dryish hair and in reading the other reviews here, I saw a common theme in people's various experiences with this stuff, stiffness, stickyness, and dryness. Ok, here's my recommendation: After applying just A TINY AMOUNT of this stuff and I stress tiny applied to the roots, this should be followed by either a leave-in spray conditioner and or a shine serum like Redken Glass which is excellent. Don't over do it on the serum or leave-in. At first, before I added the shine agents, my hair looked and felt terrible and dry, gummy and sticky. But, but.....I washed the part I wanted to apply it on (my bangs) and lo and behold, after applying the shine stuff, my hair is indeed full of volume, shine, and definition. If you follow my advice, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Popular Styling Products