Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

I am African American and I use this for smoothing my edges so I don't have to use heat while wearing my hair straight .Im not sure the intended purpose but that's what I use if for it has good hold on my natural curls as well

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was told that this product is good fro holding styles and curls. It may hold but it makes the hair so heavy and sticky. And I wanted to hold my natural curls which turned out to be a natural disaster. Not for me but maybe for someone who wants to mold a Mohawk.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Little def goes a long way!! When I have a frizzy hair day, I grab this to help control my hair along my hairline! Smells great. I still have my bottle from a year ago and im not even halfway done yet.

Def will repurchase! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product as a alternative to Aveda's Control Paste. I figured I could save the money and use this product instead. I was wrong. It did hold my hair style after I had rods put in overnight but to my horror my hair had white residue. This wasn't the kind that wasn't quite visible. It was everywhere and falling off. I don't know if this was caused by the use of grape seed oil in my hair but I had to wash my hair out. I'll have to return and try again or give in.

on 5/3/2008 10:25:00 PM

I have a razored, choppy, messy pixie cut - think Rihanna's current cut - with angled bangs. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. My stylist used this on me and I really like it. It makes my hair look messy without being crunchy or spiky. And unlike a lot of products used at salons, it's totally affordable!

I don't know if I'd use this on longer hair - I think it would have been too heavy when I had long hair. But on a short choppy cut, it's perfect.

on 2/12/2008 5:18:00 PM

I like this product quite a bit. I have BSL fine and thin naturally curly hair. I wear my hair in various ways - straight, curly, and wavy. I like to put some of this in wet hair and twist into a bun, then air dry, to get nice waves. It also works well for slicking back parts of my hair close to my face, areas that tend to frizz out or stick out at odd angles. It does make my hair hard and crunchy, but I can easily scrunch or brush that out when hair is dry. I've also tried a bit of this on dry hair to tame frizz and to straighten. The trick is to not use much. It's got the same smell as other Garnier styling products, which I like. Nice little drugstore find.

on 12/22/2007 12:22:00 AM

My hair is really straight and thick naturally. I have a short cut with lots of layers and bangs.
This stuff was awful with my hair. It was difficult to work with and once I finally got it into a somewhat manageable consistency, it did NOTHING for my hair. No hold, no texture...nothing. I returned it the day after I bought it.

on 11/11/2007 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this on my 9 year old son's hair. He has fine, short hair. It did nothing for him. It left his hair greasy and limp. You know it's bad when a 9 year old won't use it.

on 9/17/2007 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in a pinch when I ran out of Sebastian Moulding Mud. It definitely was not what was expected. Even a very little bit makes me hair feel like it was styled with bacon grease. It stayed sticky in most spots and where it wasn't sticky, it was stiff and unpleasant to the touch. I have longer hair so I think that this stuff is more for shorter hair styles - at least when hair isn't going to touch your face, neck or shoulders.

The nice thing is that Garnier Fructis products are very reasonable priced so I wasn't out a ton of cash. I did save the tub, though, as it is great for packaging small amounts of hair gel for traveling.