Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.5

on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.

I have a very choppy, pixie cut; and I was looking for something besides pomade to give some distinction in my hair. I think this product really worked. Gave quite a bit of volume and was great if i wanted to tease it, so it provides for an excellent base. I wouldn't use it for long hair, though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Worthless garbage just like all supposed holding products I've tried. I have very fine and thin straight hair (think toddler's hair on an adult head) and when I wear my hair down, rather than frame my face, it hangs all stringy in my eyes (I use a thickening/root volumizing mousse and hair gel combo just to get it like that) so I wanted to find a product that I could use to keep my hair out of my eyes and give it some sort of volume.
I have tried tons of products and nothing works..same thing happens each time. Since my hair is so thin, even the smallest amount of anything makes it look wet and greasy and then within an hour, the product is just gone. It sort of absorbs into my hair or something..it's as if it never was applied in the 1st place. Hairspray. Hair gel. Molding glue. Whatever and this product was no different.
I took a little and rubbed it onto my fingers and then sort of just ran my fingers through my hair in the front on the left and then the right stopping a few inches down. I just wanted volume and for my hair to stay where I put it in the front. I then blew dry on the cool setting to set it and immediately I was not impressed. It hardly did anything except make my hair look wet/greasy and within an hour my hair kept falling back into my eyes..hanging limp and so I looked in the mirror and sure enough that minimal poof I got was completely gone. I can't even feel the product on my hair..it's gone.
I can see this product working if you have actual thick, nice hair but if you have thin hair, it's garbage. Then again, if you have thick, nice hair, basically any hair product will work sculpting wise.

on 3/29/2007 2:41:00 AM

i use this to manipulate my short hair into a piecey style or into a faux hawk. My hair isn't very unruly, but I find this hard to work into my roots to get the faux hawk, it works, but it doen't hold very well. And yes, it's gooey and sticky and will leave your hair somewhat crunchy depending on how much you use. My hands feel gross after styling, but it works in a pinch and the scent is pleasant. I would like something with more holding power though. I might repurchase until I find something better.

on 2/16/2006 11:29:00 AM

This is a must-have for short, layered hair. I used it when I had a Mandy Moore-styled haircut. My hair is thick, but very fine, and doesn't flip out easily. However, applying this putty before blowdrying made my hair flip perfectly. It washes out and doesn't leave behind residue like most strong styling products do. I found that this doesn't work as well on longer hair or unlayered hair, and I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's a wonderful product overall (especially for the price).

on 8/5/2004 1:45:00 AM

Fiber Gum Putty is a new product from Garnier and part of their Fructis line. It is packaged in a 5 oz jar that is in their signature neon green color. Looks like glow-in-the-dark green slime in the container. I must admit I only purchased this when it was on free-with rebate special at rite aid. I was pleasantly surprised by its performance on my super thick dry hair. Does a nice job wet or dry taming fly aways and frizz. I imagine it would be great on shorter hair. There are some serious minuses however. First and foremost it is much too fragranced for my taste. It has an extremely pungent fruity apple scent. Yech. But then again I'd take everything fragrance free if I could. Also worth noting, I always have to wash my hands after using it. Will leave your hands super sticky if you don't rinse after. All and all an effective product at a great price that works well in a pinch.

Popular Styling Products