Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.3

on 12/24/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this everyday for my boys hair.I've tried a lot of other products & this is the only one that holds their hair well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Worthless garbage just like all supposed holding products I've tried. I have very fine and thin straight hair (think toddler's hair on an adult head) and when I wear my hair down, rather than frame my face, it hangs all stringy in my eyes (I use a thickening/root volumizing mousse and hair gel combo just to get it like that) so I wanted to find a product that I could use to keep my hair out of my eyes and give it some sort of volume.
I have tried tons of products and nothing works..same thing happens each time. Since my hair is so thin, even the smallest amount of anything makes it look wet and greasy and then within an hour, the product is just gone. It sort of absorbs into my hair or something..it's as if it never was applied in the 1st place. Hairspray. Hair gel. Molding glue. Whatever and this product was no different.
I took a little and rubbed it onto my fingers and then sort of just ran my fingers through my hair in the front on the left and then the right stopping a few inches down. I just wanted volume and for my hair to stay where I put it in the front. I then blew dry on the cool setting to set it and immediately I was not impressed. It hardly did anything except make my hair look wet/greasy and within an hour my hair kept falling back into my eyes..hanging limp and so I looked in the mirror and sure enough that minimal poof I got was completely gone. I can't even feel the product on my hair..it's gone.
I can see this product working if you have actual thick, nice hair but if you have thin hair, it's garbage. Then again, if you have thick, nice hair, basically any hair product will work sculpting wise.

on 5/16/2007 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Used this stuff when my hair was short. I don't know if I'd recommend it for longer hair, since it is pretty sticky and kind of hard to work with. I would style my hair with this and follow up with extra strong hairspray. It made my limp, lifeless hair look thick and full of volume. Make sure to wash this stuff out of your hair (as with any other styling products) BEFORE going to bed; don't leave it till the morning, no matter how wasted you are.

Popular Styling Products