Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.

i thought it worked good. but i have used better products like this. that is why i am not re-buying this

on 2/12/2008 5:18:00 PM

I like this product quite a bit. I have BSL fine and thin naturally curly hair. I wear my hair in various ways - straight, curly, and wavy. I like to put some of this in wet hair and twist into a bun, then air dry, to get nice waves. It also works well for slicking back parts of my hair close to my face, areas that tend to frizz out or stick out at odd angles. It does make my hair hard and crunchy, but I can easily scrunch or brush that out when hair is dry. I've also tried a bit of this on dry hair to tame frizz and to straighten. The trick is to not use much. It's got the same smell as other Garnier styling products, which I like. Nice little drugstore find.

on 8/22/2006 8:36:00 PM

I am trying to grow out side-swept bangs from cut-straight-across ones, and needed something to hold them off to the side while they are in this awkward phase. I happened to see this at Walgreens and got it because it was so cheap, this stuff is the bomb! It holds my bangs in place without being stiff or sticky, and I can also use it to tame the little unruly hairs that don't seem to cooperate with my straightening iron. Plus, it smells really good! I will definitely repurchase when I run out :)

on 4/7/2006 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this stuff around last year or so to use on my layered chin-length hair. I was into the whole flipped-out hair style, which I never really successfully achieved b/c my hair is thin, flat, and very fine. However, I started using this recently for another purpose. Since my natural hair color has been growing, my hair has become thin and flat again, but I don't want to put chemicals in my hair again just to make it "thicker" or "course". The length is past my shoulders and it has a few layers. This year has been the only year I can actually "scrunch" my hair to where it looks decent. When I tried it before, people asked me why I messed my hair up not knowing I was actually trying to make it look "cute" lol! Anyway, I gave this product a try while trying to scrunch my hair and it worked very nicely. My hair wasn't as frizzy, it smelled nice, and my "scrunches" looked better than w/ just using gel, serum, and hairspray. I now use this in place of my gels. Another product I sometimes combine this w/ is the Aussie Sprunch Spray. I love the smell of that product, heh. You don't need to use a lot of product because it's very messy and it spreads. Never use it on one section of the hair, either. I learned that the hard way... =x I put a small size into my hand and rub my palms together, and then I turn my hair upside down and just start scrunching over and over until I throw my hair back and see if I need more product or not. Its works very nicely and if you're someone whose hair is really hard to scrunch using other products, I recommend this highly. I also recommend a hairstyle w/ lots of layers or some short pieces of hair. If not, your hair will probably look like a tangled mess! =]

on 4/6/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 1" spiked hair, and this goo works the best of anything I have ever tried meeting these four criteria (ranked on a 10 pt scale):

Holds in place:9

seperates:9

touch up (wet fingers thru hair):8

Washes out easily and cleanly:10

Take a fingerful out rub vigorously between your hands and rub it into wet or dry hair.

I have been using this for about 2 years, and although I have tried other things, I always come back to it. Can't beat the price, and the quality. Took one lippie off because the tub can be a little messy.

Popular Styling Products