Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

on 10/16/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this on my short, choppy, edgy, layered hair. Maybe its name is accurate, because it made my hair feel like gum. I love Garnier, but this was a really disappointing product. It made my hair feel and look sticky and gross.

on 4/1/2009 5:05:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt for a good hairstyling product, although I'm never sure exactly what I'm looking for. I have shoulder length hair that is slightly wavy, VERY thick but with thin strands. Anyway, I had a coupon for a Fructis product and saw this. Between this, the surf hair, and some other product in a similar jar, I randomly picked this one. As you've read in other reviews, this is probably ideal for short cuts that you can really play around with. This stuff didn't provide any sort of hold or definition that I could tell, but I'll tell you what it did do... When i wanted to style my hair just after blowdrying it when it's all clean and limp - it instantly gives you that ideal "second day hair". It gives you volume, and it gives you some traction to get your hair to actually do what you want it to. So while this isn't some HG hair product for me, it's definitely useful. It's fun, smells great, and is relatively inexpensive - I'll more than likely repurchase.

On a side note, there's a slight possibility it's breaking out my already acne-prone skin. I'm going to experiment a little bit and update if that ends up being the case. I hope it's not...

on 5/3/2008 10:25:00 PM

I have a razored, choppy, messy pixie cut - think Rihanna's current cut - with angled bangs. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. My stylist used this on me and I really like it. It makes my hair look messy without being crunchy or spiky. And unlike a lot of products used at salons, it's totally affordable!

I don't know if I'd use this on longer hair - I think it would have been too heavy when I had long hair. But on a short choppy cut, it's perfect.