Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

I am African American and I use this for smoothing my edges so I don't have to use heat while wearing my hair straight .Im not sure the intended purpose but that's what I use if for it has good hold on my natural curls as well

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was told that this product is good fro holding styles and curls. It may hold but it makes the hair so heavy and sticky. And I wanted to hold my natural curls which turned out to be a natural disaster. Not for me but maybe for someone who wants to mold a Mohawk.

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

on 12/24/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this everyday for my boys hair.I've tried a lot of other products & this is the only one that holds their hair well.

on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product as a alternative to Aveda's Control Paste. I figured I could save the money and use this product instead. I was wrong. It did hold my hair style after I had rods put in overnight but to my horror my hair had white residue. This wasn't the kind that wasn't quite visible. It was everywhere and falling off. I don't know if this was caused by the use of grape seed oil in my hair but I had to wash my hair out. I'll have to return and try again or give in.

on 12/22/2007 12:22:00 AM

My hair is really straight and thick naturally. I have a short cut with lots of layers and bangs.
This stuff was awful with my hair. It was difficult to work with and once I finally got it into a somewhat manageable consistency, it did NOTHING for my hair. No hold, no texture...nothing. I returned it the day after I bought it.

on 3/29/2007 2:41:00 AM

i use this to manipulate my short hair into a piecey style or into a faux hawk. My hair isn't very unruly, but I find this hard to work into my roots to get the faux hawk, it works, but it doen't hold very well. And yes, it's gooey and sticky and will leave your hair somewhat crunchy depending on how much you use. My hands feel gross after styling, but it works in a pinch and the scent is pleasant. I would like something with more holding power though. I might repurchase until I find something better.

on 8/22/2006 8:36:00 PM

I am trying to grow out side-swept bangs from cut-straight-across ones, and needed something to hold them off to the side while they are in this awkward phase. I happened to see this at Walgreens and got it because it was so cheap, this stuff is the bomb! It holds my bangs in place without being stiff or sticky, and I can also use it to tame the little unruly hairs that don't seem to cooperate with my straightening iron. Plus, it smells really good! I will definitely repurchase when I run out :)

on 8/21/2006 4:40:00 PM

I was looking for an alternative to my Alterna Molding creme and I DID! It actually works,,who knew for $3 bucks at CVS!!! I love the color of the container, ( as if that is of any importance!) Anyway, It is the same consistancy of the Alterna brand ..although I do still love my Alterna..this is waaaaaaaay cheaper and it works....so there, I just saved myself like another $17.00 bucks!! Horraayyy!!!I can scrunch my hair or slick it to the side...it does not leave my hair stiff or sticky!! I'll repurchase!!

Popular Styling Products