Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I don't use this product for anything too exciting but it still is useful nonetheless. =p I mostly use it for just a dab to help style any bits of hair I need help with and it does a good job of keeping them there. I should try to play around with it some more to see what other styles it's capable of but I haven't found the confidence to so do yet haha.Either way it's a cheap enough item and there's lots you can do with it so I think it's worth buying. I probably wouldn't repurchase however cause I may never run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

I have a very choppy, pixie cut; and I was looking for something besides pomade to give some distinction in my hair. I think this product really worked. Gave quite a bit of volume and was great if i wanted to tease it, so it provides for an excellent base. I wouldn't use it for long hair, though.

on 4/1/2009 5:05:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt for a good hairstyling product, although I'm never sure exactly what I'm looking for. I have shoulder length hair that is slightly wavy, VERY thick but with thin strands. Anyway, I had a coupon for a Fructis product and saw this. Between this, the surf hair, and some other product in a similar jar, I randomly picked this one. As you've read in other reviews, this is probably ideal for short cuts that you can really play around with. This stuff didn't provide any sort of hold or definition that I could tell, but I'll tell you what it did do... When i wanted to style my hair just after blowdrying it when it's all clean and limp - it instantly gives you that ideal "second day hair". It gives you volume, and it gives you some traction to get your hair to actually do what you want it to. So while this isn't some HG hair product for me, it's definitely useful. It's fun, smells great, and is relatively inexpensive - I'll more than likely repurchase.

On a side note, there's a slight possibility it's breaking out my already acne-prone skin. I'm going to experiment a little bit and update if that ends up being the case. I hope it's not...

on 5/3/2008 10:25:00 PM

I have a razored, choppy, messy pixie cut - think Rihanna's current cut - with angled bangs. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. My stylist used this on me and I really like it. It makes my hair look messy without being crunchy or spiky. And unlike a lot of products used at salons, it's totally affordable!

I don't know if I'd use this on longer hair - I think it would have been too heavy when I had long hair. But on a short choppy cut, it's perfect.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Worthless garbage just like all supposed holding products I've tried. I have very fine and thin straight hair (think toddler's hair on an adult head) and when I wear my hair down, rather than frame my face, it hangs all stringy in my eyes (I use a thickening/root volumizing mousse and hair gel combo just to get it like that) so I wanted to find a product that I could use to keep my hair out of my eyes and give it some sort of volume.
I have tried tons of products and nothing works..same thing happens each time. Since my hair is so thin, even the smallest amount of anything makes it look wet and greasy and then within an hour, the product is just gone. It sort of absorbs into my hair or something..it's as if it never was applied in the 1st place. Hairspray. Hair gel. Molding glue. Whatever and this product was no different.
I took a little and rubbed it onto my fingers and then sort of just ran my fingers through my hair in the front on the left and then the right stopping a few inches down. I just wanted volume and for my hair to stay where I put it in the front. I then blew dry on the cool setting to set it and immediately I was not impressed. It hardly did anything except make my hair look wet/greasy and within an hour my hair kept falling back into my eyes..hanging limp and so I looked in the mirror and sure enough that minimal poof I got was completely gone. I can't even feel the product on my hair..it's gone.
I can see this product working if you have actual thick, nice hair but if you have thin hair, it's garbage. Then again, if you have thick, nice hair, basically any hair product will work sculpting wise.

on 5/16/2007 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Used this stuff when my hair was short. I don't know if I'd recommend it for longer hair, since it is pretty sticky and kind of hard to work with. I would style my hair with this and follow up with extra strong hairspray. It made my limp, lifeless hair look thick and full of volume. Make sure to wash this stuff out of your hair (as with any other styling products) BEFORE going to bed; don't leave it till the morning, no matter how wasted you are.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Nasty stuff! Would not buy again. Will return to Walmart today! Pantene Texture and Shine Pomade is so much better than this gunk!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My favorite drugstore hair product. I have long, layered, medium thick loose curls, and no matter how I style my hair, this works. Defines and holds the curls without weighing my hair down or feeling greasy. It is a little sticky, though, for sure!

Popular Styling Products