Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Little def goes a long way!! When I have a frizzy hair day, I grab this to help control my hair along my hairline! Smells great. I still have my bottle from a year ago and im not even halfway done yet.

Def will repurchase! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

I have a very choppy, pixie cut; and I was looking for something besides pomade to give some distinction in my hair. I think this product really worked. Gave quite a bit of volume and was great if i wanted to tease it, so it provides for an excellent base. I wouldn't use it for long hair, though.

on 5/16/2007 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Used this stuff when my hair was short. I don't know if I'd recommend it for longer hair, since it is pretty sticky and kind of hard to work with. I would style my hair with this and follow up with extra strong hairspray. It made my limp, lifeless hair look thick and full of volume. Make sure to wash this stuff out of your hair (as with any other styling products) BEFORE going to bed; don't leave it till the morning, no matter how wasted you are.

on 8/21/2006 4:40:00 PM

I was looking for an alternative to my Alterna Molding creme and I DID! It actually works,,who knew for $3 bucks at CVS!!! I love the color of the container, ( as if that is of any importance!) Anyway, It is the same consistancy of the Alterna brand ..although I do still love my Alterna..this is waaaaaaaay cheaper and it works....so there, I just saved myself like another $17.00 bucks!! Horraayyy!!!I can scrunch my hair or slick it to the side...it does not leave my hair stiff or sticky!! I'll repurchase!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My favorite drugstore hair product. I have long, layered, medium thick loose curls, and no matter how I style my hair, this works. Defines and holds the curls without weighing my hair down or feeling greasy. It is a little sticky, though, for sure!

on 5/21/2005 12:21:00 AM

What an awesome gel/pomade--yes, you can sort-of use it as both, which is why i like it. This goo, when tousled into my fine, flat hair, gives it volume, lift and control. It is perfect for using with a blow-dryer and a round brush for short-medium styles.

Smells like synthetic green apples, but for a couple of bucks (under 4), I love it. I will never buy aveda's control stick, or their gel again when this is so cheap and easy to get. (Apple scent does disappear after hair is dry, BTW).

on 4/6/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 1" spiked hair, and this goo works the best of anything I have ever tried meeting these four criteria (ranked on a 10 pt scale):

Holds in place:9

seperates:9

touch up (wet fingers thru hair):8

Washes out easily and cleanly:10

Take a fingerful out rub vigorously between your hands and rub it into wet or dry hair.

I have been using this for about 2 years, and although I have tried other things, I always come back to it. Can't beat the price, and the quality. Took one lippie off because the tub can be a little messy.

on 11/28/2004 7:37:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have fine curly hair, and I've always had trouble finding the right product(s) that will really define the curl. I apply a small amount of this on top of a regular sculpting gel, then separate the hair with my fingers and proceed to use extra putty on the ends alone and then "crunch" the curls to get them shaped. It dries "crunchy" and wet-like when I do this routine, but if you crunch again this goes away. I also use this to redefine my curls on days between washes and/or after a workout when I don't have time to wash (like in the morning before work... wet hair at work is so tacky).
I only wish this had different packaging, since it's so hard to open/close with wet/sticky hands from using this. Oh well, can't ask for much more for the price.

Popular Styling Products