Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

I am African American and I use this for smoothing my edges so I don't have to use heat while wearing my hair straight .Im not sure the intended purpose but that's what I use if for it has good hold on my natural curls as well

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was told that this product is good fro holding styles and curls. It may hold but it makes the hair so heavy and sticky. And I wanted to hold my natural curls which turned out to be a natural disaster. Not for me but maybe for someone who wants to mold a Mohawk.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

I don't use this product for anything too exciting but it still is useful nonetheless. =p I mostly use it for just a dab to help style any bits of hair I need help with and it does a good job of keeping them there. I should try to play around with it some more to see what other styles it's capable of but I haven't found the confidence to so do yet haha.Either way it's a cheap enough item and there's lots you can do with it so I think it's worth buying. I probably wouldn't repurchase however cause I may never run out.

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Little def goes a long way!! When I have a frizzy hair day, I grab this to help control my hair along my hairline! Smells great. I still have my bottle from a year ago and im not even halfway done yet.

Def will repurchase! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

on 12/24/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this everyday for my boys hair.I've tried a lot of other products & this is the only one that holds their hair well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product as a alternative to Aveda's Control Paste. I figured I could save the money and use this product instead. I was wrong. It did hold my hair style after I had rods put in overnight but to my horror my hair had white residue. This wasn't the kind that wasn't quite visible. It was everywhere and falling off. I don't know if this was caused by the use of grape seed oil in my hair but I had to wash my hair out. I'll have to return and try again or give in.