Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd pregnancy and it grew back! However, in this growing out phase, I ended up with a lot of little hairs on my hairline that stood straight up! I needed something to plaster them down. This totally did the trick. I like it because it doesn't make my hair greasy (I have to be careful with a lot of hair products for this reason) I'm very pleased with its performance as well as it's non-oily qualities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

For the sake of reference, my hair is slightly wavy and sort of medium-coarse due to lots of silver. I've used Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty on a pixie cut, shoulder-length and everything in between. It works best for me when I use it sparingly to define ends or pieces, not as an all-over product. The texture and definition I get from it have been hard for me to find with most drugstore brands. I think it's a great value.

Heavy fragrance often bothers me, but I love the way this stuff smells and wouldn't mind if it were to linger more. As an unexpected bonus, I enjoy the packaging: scooping it out of the bright green jar is just fun.

on 4/7/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have a short haircut and very thick hair. This product works as well as any salon brand. Plus it's under $5. My hair looks good all day and doesn't feel gunky.

on 9/17/2007 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in a pinch when I ran out of Sebastian Moulding Mud. It definitely was not what was expected. Even a very little bit makes me hair feel like it was styled with bacon grease. It stayed sticky in most spots and where it wasn't sticky, it was stiff and unpleasant to the touch. I have longer hair so I think that this stuff is more for shorter hair styles - at least when hair isn't going to touch your face, neck or shoulders.

The nice thing is that Garnier Fructis products are very reasonable priced so I wasn't out a ton of cash. I did save the tub, though, as it is great for packaging small amounts of hair gel for traveling.

on 3/15/2006 9:42:00 AM

I have layered hair and sometimes I like to flip the ends, so I need a product to provide strong hold. This did the trick, nice smell, cheap price.

Did not like this at all. Why use this when you can use Surf Hair.

on 10/23/2004 9:22:00 PM

Let me tell you what the secret is to using this product. I have very fine, wavy, dryish hair and in reading the other reviews here, I saw a common theme in people's various experiences with this stuff, stiffness, stickyness, and dryness. Ok, here's my recommendation: After applying just A TINY AMOUNT of this stuff and I stress tiny applied to the roots, this should be followed by either a leave-in spray conditioner and or a shine serum like Redken Glass which is excellent. Don't over do it on the serum or leave-in. At first, before I added the shine agents, my hair looked and felt terrible and dry, gummy and sticky. But, but.....I washed the part I wanted to apply it on (my bangs) and lo and behold, after applying the shine stuff, my hair is indeed full of volume, shine, and definition. If you follow my advice, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Popular Styling Products