Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was told that this product is good fro holding styles and curls. It may hold but it makes the hair so heavy and sticky. And I wanted to hold my natural curls which turned out to be a natural disaster. Not for me but maybe for someone who wants to mold a Mohawk.

on 12/24/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this everyday for my boys hair.I've tried a lot of other products & this is the only one that holds their hair well.

on 4/1/2009 5:05:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt for a good hairstyling product, although I'm never sure exactly what I'm looking for. I have shoulder length hair that is slightly wavy, VERY thick but with thin strands. Anyway, I had a coupon for a Fructis product and saw this. Between this, the surf hair, and some other product in a similar jar, I randomly picked this one. As you've read in other reviews, this is probably ideal for short cuts that you can really play around with. This stuff didn't provide any sort of hold or definition that I could tell, but I'll tell you what it did do... When i wanted to style my hair just after blowdrying it when it's all clean and limp - it instantly gives you that ideal "second day hair". It gives you volume, and it gives you some traction to get your hair to actually do what you want it to. So while this isn't some HG hair product for me, it's definitely useful. It's fun, smells great, and is relatively inexpensive - I'll more than likely repurchase.

On a side note, there's a slight possibility it's breaking out my already acne-prone skin. I'm going to experiment a little bit and update if that ends up being the case. I hope it's not...

on 5/3/2008 10:25:00 PM

I have a razored, choppy, messy pixie cut - think Rihanna's current cut - with angled bangs. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. My stylist used this on me and I really like it. It makes my hair look messy without being crunchy or spiky. And unlike a lot of products used at salons, it's totally affordable!

I don't know if I'd use this on longer hair - I think it would have been too heavy when I had long hair. But on a short choppy cut, it's perfect.

on 11/11/2007 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this on my 9 year old son's hair. He has fine, short hair. It did nothing for him. It left his hair greasy and limp. You know it's bad when a 9 year old won't use it.

on 8/21/2006 4:40:00 PM

I was looking for an alternative to my Alterna Molding creme and I DID! It actually works,,who knew for $3 bucks at CVS!!! I love the color of the container, ( as if that is of any importance!) Anyway, It is the same consistancy of the Alterna brand ..although I do still love my Alterna..this is waaaaaaaay cheaper and it works....so there, I just saved myself like another $17.00 bucks!! Horraayyy!!!I can scrunch my hair or slick it to the side...it does not leave my hair stiff or sticky!! I'll repurchase!!

Got this after my new cut -- went from long hair that I straightened to a tousled, layered do just below my shoulders with bangs. Anyway, this does exactly what I want it to do -- define my waves without giving me crunchy hair. That is, if I use the right amount. Too much, and my hair is 80s crunchy; too little and it doesn't do anything. The green apple smell is a little overpowering, but, as others have said, doesn't seem to linger. This does what I wanted FF's Luscious Curls to do. And it is CHEAP.

on 6/28/2005 8:20:00 PM

If you are old enough to remember SLIME- this is it. An okay, thicker than normal gel, but leaves a dry finish to the hair that gives just OK hold. Best for short hair, used sparingly.

on 5/21/2005 12:21:00 AM

What an awesome gel/pomade--yes, you can sort-of use it as both, which is why i like it. This goo, when tousled into my fine, flat hair, gives it volume, lift and control. It is perfect for using with a blow-dryer and a round brush for short-medium styles.

Smells like synthetic green apples, but for a couple of bucks (under 4), I love it. I will never buy aveda's control stick, or their gel again when this is so cheap and easy to get. (Apple scent does disappear after hair is dry, BTW).

on 4/6/2005 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 1" spiked hair, and this goo works the best of anything I have ever tried meeting these four criteria (ranked on a 10 pt scale):

Holds in place:9

seperates:9

touch up (wet fingers thru hair):8

Washes out easily and cleanly:10

Take a fingerful out rub vigorously between your hands and rub it into wet or dry hair.

I have been using this for about 2 years, and although I have tried other things, I always come back to it. Can't beat the price, and the quality. Took one lippie off because the tub can be a little messy.

Popular Styling Products