Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this product as a alternative to Aveda's Control Paste. I figured I could save the money and use this product instead. I was wrong. It did hold my hair style after I had rods put in overnight but to my horror my hair had white residue. This wasn't the kind that wasn't quite visible. It was everywhere and falling off. I don't know if this was caused by the use of grape seed oil in my hair but I had to wash my hair out. I'll have to return and try again or give in.

on 2/16/2006 11:29:00 AM

This is a must-have for short, layered hair. I used it when I had a Mandy Moore-styled haircut. My hair is thick, but very fine, and doesn't flip out easily. However, applying this putty before blowdrying made my hair flip perfectly. It washes out and doesn't leave behind residue like most strong styling products do. I found that this doesn't work as well on longer hair or unlayered hair, and I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's a wonderful product overall (especially for the price).

on 8/5/2005 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I know this is basically a glorified gel, but I can't help myself... I love this stuff. It's a little crunchier than I usually go for, but when I need a little extra, non-oily lift on hot, humid days this is absolutely the thing that works. I also like the admitedly synthetic apple-y scent and find that it goes away once everything is dry. I have chin-length wavy/curly hair and these days I've been rubbing it on the tips of my fingers and running it through to get it as close to the roots as possible. Gives a tremendous amount of lift that way and is pretty easy to refresh with a little water if I have to...

on 11/28/2004 7:37:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have fine curly hair, and I've always had trouble finding the right product(s) that will really define the curl. I apply a small amount of this on top of a regular sculpting gel, then separate the hair with my fingers and proceed to use extra putty on the ends alone and then "crunch" the curls to get them shaped. It dries "crunchy" and wet-like when I do this routine, but if you crunch again this goes away. I also use this to redefine my curls on days between washes and/or after a workout when I don't have time to wash (like in the morning before work... wet hair at work is so tacky).
I only wish this had different packaging, since it's so hard to open/close with wet/sticky hands from using this. Oh well, can't ask for much more for the price.

on 11/7/2004 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for hold and shaping hair!!! It has become a staple.

Popular Styling Products