Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

I don't use this product for anything too exciting but it still is useful nonetheless. =p I mostly use it for just a dab to help style any bits of hair I need help with and it does a good job of keeping them there. I should try to play around with it some more to see what other styles it's capable of but I haven't found the confidence to so do yet haha.Either way it's a cheap enough item and there's lots you can do with it so I think it's worth buying. I probably wouldn't repurchase however cause I may never run out.

I have curly medium length hair and i use this to control the curls and make them frizz free. After i get out of the shower i do my hair routine and then when i am done i take a little and smooth down the fly aways at the roots and take a little more and twist some of the top layer of curls then scrunch the rest of the product into the shaft of the hair and when my hair drys its frizz free and controled. Any ways the product is a little sticky but when it drys it is not any more and you have to wipe your hands off before you skrew the lid back on. But I recomend this to anyone with any type of hair wither it be for frizz, styling, or just want some control for your hair.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Little def goes a long way!! When I have a frizzy hair day, I grab this to help control my hair along my hairline! Smells great. I still have my bottle from a year ago and im not even halfway done yet.

Def will repurchase! :)

on 10/16/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this on my short, choppy, edgy, layered hair. Maybe its name is accurate, because it made my hair feel like gum. I love Garnier, but this was a really disappointing product. It made my hair feel and look sticky and gross.

i thought it worked good. but i have used better products like this. that is why i am not re-buying this

on 2/12/2008 5:18:00 PM

I like this product quite a bit. I have BSL fine and thin naturally curly hair. I wear my hair in various ways - straight, curly, and wavy. I like to put some of this in wet hair and twist into a bun, then air dry, to get nice waves. It also works well for slicking back parts of my hair close to my face, areas that tend to frizz out or stick out at odd angles. It does make my hair hard and crunchy, but I can easily scrunch or brush that out when hair is dry. I've also tried a bit of this on dry hair to tame frizz and to straighten. The trick is to not use much. It's got the same smell as other Garnier styling products, which I like. Nice little drugstore find.

on 12/22/2007 12:22:00 AM

My hair is really straight and thick naturally. I have a short cut with lots of layers and bangs.
This stuff was awful with my hair. It was difficult to work with and once I finally got it into a somewhat manageable consistency, it did NOTHING for my hair. No hold, no texture...nothing. I returned it the day after I bought it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Worthless garbage just like all supposed holding products I've tried. I have very fine and thin straight hair (think toddler's hair on an adult head) and when I wear my hair down, rather than frame my face, it hangs all stringy in my eyes (I use a thickening/root volumizing mousse and hair gel combo just to get it like that) so I wanted to find a product that I could use to keep my hair out of my eyes and give it some sort of volume.
I have tried tons of products and nothing works..same thing happens each time. Since my hair is so thin, even the smallest amount of anything makes it look wet and greasy and then within an hour, the product is just gone. It sort of absorbs into my hair or something..it's as if it never was applied in the 1st place. Hairspray. Hair gel. Molding glue. Whatever and this product was no different.
I took a little and rubbed it onto my fingers and then sort of just ran my fingers through my hair in the front on the left and then the right stopping a few inches down. I just wanted volume and for my hair to stay where I put it in the front. I then blew dry on the cool setting to set it and immediately I was not impressed. It hardly did anything except make my hair look wet/greasy and within an hour my hair kept falling back into my eyes..hanging limp and so I looked in the mirror and sure enough that minimal poof I got was completely gone. I can't even feel the product on my hair..it's gone.
I can see this product working if you have actual thick, nice hair but if you have thin hair, it's garbage. Then again, if you have thick, nice hair, basically any hair product will work sculpting wise.

on 5/16/2007 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Used this stuff when my hair was short. I don't know if I'd recommend it for longer hair, since it is pretty sticky and kind of hard to work with. I would style my hair with this and follow up with extra strong hairspray. It made my limp, lifeless hair look thick and full of volume. Make sure to wash this stuff out of your hair (as with any other styling products) BEFORE going to bed; don't leave it till the morning, no matter how wasted you are.

on 3/29/2007 2:41:00 AM

i use this to manipulate my short hair into a piecey style or into a faux hawk. My hair isn't very unruly, but I find this hard to work into my roots to get the faux hawk, it works, but it doen't hold very well. And yes, it's gooey and sticky and will leave your hair somewhat crunchy depending on how much you use. My hands feel gross after styling, but it works in a pinch and the scent is pleasant. I would like something with more holding power though. I might repurchase until I find something better.

Popular Styling Products