Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

truly lasts all day!

on 5/23/2017 3:34:00 PM

So I read so many reviews and researched several eyeshadow primers prior to finally deciding to give Urban Decay Primer Potion a try. I have to say that I have been VERY satisfied with my choice! I have tried to Two Faced eyelid primer without much luck so I was hesitant about this purchase but it has not let me down. It is on the pricey side (as most Urban Decay products are) but seriously sooo worth it. I will probably go through a lot less eyeshadow and save myself some dough in that regard anyway!

As advertised, it really does make your eyeshadow richer in colour, more even and way easier to apply without feeling heavy or sticky. The first day I wore it, I did full eye makeup and sweat throughout the day, without touch ups, and when I went to take my makeup off at the end of the day it looked as though I had JUST applied it! This stuff is seriously amazing and gets major bonus points with me for being cruelty free on top of all this. So, if you've been considering purchasing this, do it! You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the eye shadow primer which is in the bottle with the wand and I HATE it. Everyone raves about this product (well they used to) and I can't understand why. From reading the reviews it sounds like they changed the formula whilst they changed the packaging but I can't say as I've never used it when it's been in that packaging. It's rather difficult to apply with the wand and quite awkward and I can't say I noticed a difference in my eye shadow longevity or made the eye shadows any more vibrant and pigmented. I might as well just use my foundation or concealer than use this.

holy grail primer, this holds my eyeshadow for days, even on the nights i've slept in my makeup. It works so well, I've bought 4 bottles & don't dare to try anything else- when you know something works & it works great, you don't switch. a little goes a LONG way so definitely worth the pricepoint.

on 10/24/2016 1:16:00 PM

Love, love, love this product. It goes on easy - I dab some on my finger than pat all over my lid (all the way to my lashes). It keeps my shadow and eye liner in place all day. Fabulous. It is not cheap but worth every penny!

on 10/21/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This has been my go to primer for as long as I can remember. It doesnt irritate my eyes and helps to make my shadows last all day without creasing. You use such a small amount that it lasts AGES, so it's a good cost per use. I do miss the old packaging though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the squeeze tube version because that's what I'm still using. This stuff is great. There are others that are just as good (Lorac comes to mind, but it's the only one I've used consistently), but UDPP has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. In fact, I've been using the same tube for two or three years and it's only around 2/3 of the way gone. Before it, I used the old genie bottle doe-foot applicator version and loved it as well. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day, and I have mighty oily lids. It takes a TINY amount. 1/4 rice grain per eye, maybe, 1/2 if you use it under your eyes as well.

I got hooked on Primer Potion when Urban Decay was having a sale getting rid of the old packaging and replacing it with the new tube. There is so much product packed into this little guy, omg. I have to use this every time I wear eyeshadow, I wish I knew about it so much sooner and saved myself the embarrassing eyeshadow creases.. The product itself doesn't have much of a smell and can feel a little bit gritty but once you smooth it all over your lid, those grits dissolve and you're good to go. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I don't even care, I still love it! A definite makeup bag staple for me,

on 6/2/2016 10:13:00 AM

The only eye shadow primer I will use! I tried this vs too faced shadow insurance a few years ago and this won. A little tiny bit goes a long way and I feel like the color of it makes a nice clean base. Keeps my eye shadow and liner on for 8+ hours. Sometimes it gets a little messy if I'm sweaty but it happens. I will usually buy the travel size which I think is around $12 and it lasts me FOREVER. I've gotten samples of different primers from palettes (lorac and smashbox) and they do not compare. The squeeze tube is also great. I use this every single I wear makeup. I can't be without.