Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/28/2018 11:37:00 PM

I have bought this so many times just because I had been using it in my makeup routine. Honestly I never really was like oh my gosh I need this until I went without it for the first time today. I did my eyeshadow and left the house. By the time I drove 20 minutes to work, my eyeshadow was nonexistent. I’m used to having my eyeshadow just as bold as if I just did them all day. So if you are reading this and thinking about purchasing this product, just know that I never realized how much I need this until I went without it once and regretted it within probably 30 min.

The good:
Keeps eyeshadow there ALL DAY (no exaggeration) If i sleep with my eyeshadow and use this product there’s still some in the morning
Pretty packaging
10$ for travel size which lasts forever

The bad:
Chunky and pasty texture
Will crease if not fully dried
Smells kinda funny but not very noticeable
Odd to apply with applicator

I did put a lot of bads but the product is something that does really well at its job and the bads do not out weigh the goods

on 4/16/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta because of all the rave reviews. I am really impressed with this eyeshadow primer and absolutely worth the hype! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+ hours and the Lancome eyeshadow primer I had used for several years only lasted me 8 hours. I bought this in the mini size and will for sure buy this in the full size. Love it!!!!!

on 1/5/2018 3:26:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer is AMAZING! I can't live without it. I don't wear it daily, when I'm going for a lighter makeup look with little or no eyeshadow. But if I'm doing a full face makeup, this is the cat's meow. It has literally never creased on me. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens... ooops!) my eye makeup still looks flawless and creaseless in the morning, which is unbelievable.

I understand that people don't like the packaging with the wand. I'm still using the tubes. Since I love this so much and I was moving overseas, I bought a couple of tubes at the same time and because you only need a tiny bit of product each time, one tube has lasted me for at least two years and still going. And it doesn't seem to spoil easily. It has not dried out, separated, or anything. And I still have a full, unopened squeeze tube.

I do think that the wand is stupid and UB should go back to the squeeze tube design. It's much more sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. But regardless, if I ran out of this, I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

on 8/24/2017 9:13:00 PM

Honestly this primer is just hype. Yes it keeps my eyeshadow on but more than a concealer can. I would save my money and buy something else

I don't really know how to feel about it just because this is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever tried. I find it does increase the longevity of my eyeshadows but I wonder if it's worth the price. I want to try the nyx eyeshadow primer and the smashbox.

Yo esperaba mucho mas de este producto tan popular. Lo intente probar comparandolo con un primer mucho mas económico y mis sombras se vieron mucho mas pigmentadas con el otro primer que con este. Cuando lo abrí salió una especie de aceite y tuve que revolverlo con el aplicador para que saliera cremoso. Pésima calidad: aceitoso y las sombras no se adhieren. No vale lo que cuesta.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

on 1/1/2017 6:04:00 PM

THIS REVIEW IS OF THE "ORIGINAL" STYLE TUBE--NOT THE NEWER APPLICATOR TUBE - This product has made it possible for me to wear eye shadow and eye liner. Yes, I have tried some other eye primers with varied results, but this stuff is the absolute bomb! Makeup-wise, it has been a life-changer for me. I have incredibly oily eyelids. Any makeup slides off or accumulates grotesquely in the crease within an hour of application--really. However, with a freckle-sized application of UD eyeshadow primer potion, I can apply seriously any color, amount, and style of shadow or liner and it stays put until I remove it. I have traveled internationally on long hauls that took over 24-hours and my eye makeup actually survived intact! It's very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. It has no discernible scent. It dries invisibly on my (fair with yellow undertones) skin. I use it on my upper and lower lids, as well as beyond the corners of my eyes. I can't do makeup without this product anymore.

DRAWBACK - This product is now sold with a new applicator (rather than in a tube, out of which the putty-like product is directly squeezed). I do NOT like the new applicator and I have therefore stockpiled tubes of the old stuff. I am not sure whether the new applicator also means a new formulation. If and when I run out of my horde of old-style product, I am not sure whether I will continue to use the product. :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials