Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/11/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

does its job. no flaws. you dont have to use a lot. prolongs my eyeshadow and sometimes i use it as glitter glue. i have never strayed away and have been using this product for almost 5 years on a daily basis. you can also use this underneath your eyes as primer for concealer/corrector to prevent creasing. i don't mind the price since a tube lasts so long, about 4-6 months, and you can easily remove the wand and carefully squeeze the product out if you prefer a squeeze tube product.

on 8/29/2017 8:18:00 PM

Product works well to prevent creasing for me. But a squeezable tube like Milani's eyeshadow primer would function much better than UD's applicator. Considering its price, I would rather purchase Milani's.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

of course, the legendary eyeshadow primer
i think this is one of the best primer i ever have
my eyeshadow stays perfectly on my oily eyelid whenever i use this

very helpful for me due to my oily eyelid

on 3/27/2017 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is completely useless for me. I have tried using this differently but to no avail. I do get the best results when I use this before cleaning my entire lid with a make up remover (to remove my cream and any other oil) but it doesn't make my eyeliner last as long as it promises for.

I use baby powder on my lids before applying my eyeliner and this works as as well or sometimes worse than that. However this is just my experience. My lids are super oily...

on 12/1/2016 9:15:00 AM

Too many positive reviews, when I used it? It was okay, my eyeshadow and eyeliner smudged, but for the price?? It is so not okay!!! When I got my hands on the Lime Crime eyeshadow helper, I set this aside. Too bad, the lime crime is so hard to find so I bought the Nars eye primer... it was one of the worst I've ever tried, probably next too the Etude House Eyeproof 10?

on 11/29/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eye primer doesn't do MUCH for my oily eyelids, but it's not horrible or anything. I mainly mix it with other more hardcore eye primers. It's not bad but for the price I wouldn't repurchase. My WnW and E.L.F. eye primers work better and they're only a few dollars.

on 11/7/2016 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I wished this worked for me but sadly it didn't. I have never had any dry patches on my eyelids but since using this the last few months I've developed flaky patches on my eyelids. Never had this problem everrrr before so I'm convinced this is the culprit. I usually have oily eyelids (because my skin is dehydrated) so I think using this primer because it's creating a matte dry base dries out my eyelids even more if that's sense.

I have oily eyelids and I like wearing this with a gel eyeliner alone and it pretty much lasts for at least 8 hrs and it keeps my lids matte

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Omg! This is my HG primer for the smile lines! Face primers have not worked to prevent creasing when I smile, but this eyeshadow primer really does the trick! This is mainly what I use this primer for, which is totally not what it's marketed as, but trust me, IT WORKS. I live in a hot, humid country, and this really keeps things from creasing when I'm sweaty (E.g. smile lines, eye creases, undereyes, forehead!)

Of course, it works wonderfully on the eyes too, a little really does go a long way! Will definitely repurchase once my sample size finishes! I find that this makes my shadows last longer than the primer in "Sin". Probably because it smooths out to a more even layered finish on your skin!

on 2/2/2016 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail status! This is the third eye primer product that I've tried and third time's the charm indeed. I'm South American with oily lids; hot and humid weather + oil = all shadows crease awfully after a couple of hours without primer (if they even last that long).

First I tried the ELF primer, and I thought it was great because it did help my eyeshadows last a little longer -- now they started creasing after around 5 or 6 hours in, which still meant I had an hour left at work where my eyemake up was crap, but hey, better than nothing, right? Then I bought the I <3 Make up Stay Dont Stray primer. The tube was pretty large so I was happy; eye primer to last me a century, hell yeah. I think the quantity went to my head and I confused it with quality; I thought it'd be way better than ELF. Wrong. Mostly it performs about the same, with shadows creasing around 5 hours in, but a couple of times I've noticed it lasts even less (it seems pretty greasy so it clashes with my oily lids, I think -- maybe it'd be a great product for dry skin).

I thought I was doomed because of my oily eyelids and my country's awful hot weather, and no primer would ever get me past 7 hours at most. That's where I went on holidays and could hunt down a Sephora store and you bet I bought UDPP first thing; this is supposed to be the best primer ever so if this one doesn't work either, then at least I can stop trying and just stick to whatever is available at the moment, right? 7 hours isn't that bad.

UDPP lasted 12+! I was so, so pleased. Not only it survived my work hours but it also made my eyes stay flawless til I got home way later. I did my make up in the morning at 9am, and it was still perfect by 9.30pm when I got home after uni. Who knows how much longer it'd have lasted!

I'm sticking to this one forever.