Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It seems like forever since I purchased this and I still have over half the tube left! This is always a staple before using eye m/u as it helps it glide on and stay put - in my case at least 7-8 hours. No fading, shifting or creasing. It goes on beige but vanishes/becomes transparent once applied. I don't wear eye m/u very often but when I do this is always a part of the routine. In fact I'm not sure I would be able to apply anything now without applying this first!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite eyeshadow primer so far! I'm glad I picked this up on a sale again! A little of this product goes a long way and it will last you a long time so the price point is justifiable. I can not do my eyeshadow without this product, so it's definitely a staple for me. I do have to set it with some powder for maximum longevity and anti-creasing. If your eyelids are very oily like mine and you find yourself struggling a bit with this product I would recommend setting it with powder like I do.

on 7/13/2018 4:36:00 PM

I got myself the trial size which is awesomely available to start with. I do not use eyeshadow but have creasing in laugh lines when wearing foundation and have been reading this might help. It really does. I use the applicator directly on skin and it is well made and multitask. I love the container really and the ''brush'' is really user friendly. I find it hard to blend on face but since it's not it's intended purpose it only makes sense. makes sure to blend well it it is for foundation creasing otherwise it'll be patchy. Pricey but now 50% off at ullta so it's time to get one :)

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

on 4/20/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I heard the amazing reviews for this product, and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it...and wow! Really great stuff, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eye shadow look amazing and last all day like I just put it on. I'm only mad I waited this long to purchase it! five stars all the way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

on 4/10/2018 5:10:00 PM

I see a lot of good reviews on this primer but for some reason it does NOT work for me. I've tried applying a small amount and a larger amount but neither works and my eyeshadow STILL creases. I was looking forward to not seeing my makeuup crease. Very disappointed with this product.

on 3/24/2018 6:21:00 PM

Granted this is a great product, but I find Shadow Insurance to be less oily - and have less of yellow tint on my more neutral skin. I kind of get some eyeliner transfer (I tend to use gel or liquid) when I use UD primer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer,honestly the price is fair for what it does and how long it lasts.I don't use any other primer unless I am running errands and don't care about my eyeshadow.This primer really does help keep your eyeshadows locked in,but doesn't stop them from being blendable.Doesn't smell,a little goes a long way,and it goes on smoothly.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly cannot live without this primer!! I have oily eyelids and this will last for at least 12 hours without budging. I totally recommend. Don't forget to set it after you apply it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials