Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/11/2018 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

So, anywhere you look at - everyone is using UDPP. It is probably the one product, that you will recall of, whenever you'll think "eyeshadow primer". It's what made primers widespread and than you for this, UD.

Usually I used Catrice primer, the old edition and current, which comes in tube. A primer is my musthave since I have hooded, oily eyelids. Before I used to put certain crayon like eyeshadows underneath or creme concealer.

Today I will review UDPP, the edition, that you can currently buy. To keep it short - what can I say. But it failed. After few hours my eyeshadow creases. I use this with standard powder eyeshadows by NYX or Sleek or Meow Cosmetics pigment and shadows noticeably crease. I used it wil NYX Lid Lingerie (Rose Gold?) - same. When I top it with powder shadow and glitter glue with glitter on top, mostly it lasts okay. But for this price, I'm quite disappointed with this famous UD primer.
It costed me around 20 euro and Catrice one, which has similar texture, for ~ 2,35 euros works better.

I did try work with it - put less or more, let it dry and even set it, but it doesn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product AND it works as a concealer. I get greasy eyelids and this helps set up a more matte base before applying eye shadows.

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last empty tube of this and will not be re-purchasing. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and I actually like it better. Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick Milani up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator AND at a fraction of the cost?

on 8/25/2017 1:04:00 PM

I like this and this is the best eye primer that I have tried. I don't claim that this is perfect but close to it/haven't found better. It keeps my eye shadow on almost all day( about 11hours),and makeup never creases with this.Doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids. I use eye makeup every day,so I can really tell when something is really working. I don't like the new packagin because I think that the applicator is useless.
To reviewers who say that this makes blending tougher: Make sure you use setting powder/light eyeshadow on you entire lid after application.I've never had any blending problems.

on 8/24/2017 2:41:00 PM

AY CARAMBA i have tried and tried to find a replacement of this for the sole purpose that i hate having to run to Sephora to repurchase it. I have tried: Smashbox, Benefit, E.L.F. and a few others once or twice that i cant even remember... but NOTHING compares to this.

The price is a little steep when you think about what the item is, hey its just a primer right? wrong. honestly, all my eye makeup looks lasted forever and im talking about even sleeping in my makeup (yes, terrible, i know) and my eye makeup still looks as vibrant and perfect as first application. This will last you a long while, mine lasted me a year or more and i used it almost every day.

Its definately worth it...

HG eyeshadow primer. Product goes on smooth and dries quickly. Drastically extends the life of my drugstore and high end eyeshadows. I have extremely oily lids and this is essential for perfect eyeliner application. I always get samples and purchase full size if I have an Ulta/Sephora coupon.

The Best.Period. My eyeshadow doesn't move. This is the only eye primer I will use and I have used it for at least 10 years.

highly recommend! my bottle (average retail size) has lasted me a LONG time, i can't even remember when i purchased it! I apply makeup everyday and also use it on my clients as well so it's money well spent!

Really love it!!