Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. Probably my favorite eyeshadow primer. I give it a 4 stars because the price and the packaging is kind of odd.. I usually just apply it to my finger and then to my lids rather than using the wand to apply it because it doesn't go on evenly
But I love this primer!! Works great at making sure your eyeshadow doesn't crease and stays put

truly lasts all day!

on 6/18/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Potion is right!!
Let's start with the gorgeous and unique packaging, when I go into my makeup drawer, there is no mistaking this for anything else. It's a statement piece on a vanity

Texture wise, this is liquid silk. It is so creamy and buttery and it just glides on like a dream. The applicator gets a good amount of product and it's very easy to apply

It works amazing. It makes my shadows build very smoothly and even brings out alot of pigment in them.
I would, and will definitely be buying more of this once I run out. I really love it

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer is amazing and long lasting! You can get so many different shades, it evens out your skin tone on your eyelid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the old formula and old packaging (squeeze tube). The new packaging (with the applicator) is difficult to use and the formula is TERRIBLE. Absolutely useless, greasy and does not work the way the old formula did. What a waste. I'm not sure what happened with this product, but I will be returning to the store.

on 1/12/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a few different varieties of this primer, and I find that the shimmer primers last longer than the regular ones. None of them, however, have any magical ingredients exclusive to gluing on eyeshadow, and the same can be accomplished with a long-lasting concealer, such as Revlon Colorstay or even All-nighter foundation.

Urban Decay keeps repackaging their primers as if to insinuate that every speck of makeup needs it's own dedicated primer to stay put. Unless you are under heavy lights, such as in movie production or photography, or dancing at a club for a few hours, there's more damage to be done from all these formulations & products than gain.

The best way to view products, especially one like this where you won't get any better a result with it versus long-wear concealer/foundation, is skepticism since this isn't a regulated industry and any claims can be made & never substantiated. Just an FYI: "clinically proven" means company testing where all they did was ask participants guided questions or merely looked at them without of placebo study or blind test with other brands. It literally has zero meaning as to quality, performance or results, and if it did, it would be a rigorous study with doctor published research in a medical/science journal.

I must be crazy, but I have never understood the hype over this product. I received the samples with all NAKED eyeshadow palettes I bought and from those decided, which shade to buy. I got the "minor sin" and I just can't work with it - It creases in seconds; seems to make my lids oily and causes my eye makeup to slide of my lids after a few hours.

The colour is nice, but it's just not working for my skin... AT ALL.

on 1/1/2017 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid 30's, dry skin in U area,normal&slightly oily on T area.

Everyone talks about this product, beauty gurus, YT MUA and basically everyone. So I thought it must be one wickedly awesome product. Not.
I'm glad I didnt buy the full size because I'm certain it will end up somewhere else but my eyelids.

It does not live up the hype. At least to me. I got it in sample size so I cannot comment about the packging.

My eyelids are dry, so dry any eyeshadow from drugstore brands to high end brands feels like chalk up there without primer, even after moisturizer. So naturally I want a moisturizing primer.

Meanwhile it does amazing job to keep my eyeshadow lasts longer, it dries my lids like a nightmare. Either drugstore eyeshadow or the high end ones feel chalkier in a terrible way. It doesnt settle in lines or feel heavy on my lids, tho, but the utter dryness is unberable.

Not reccommended at all if you have dry eyelids like mine.