Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Such an incredible eyeshadow primer, the first I’ve tried and it’s already a favourite and possibly HG. In my experience, does a lot more than when I’ve tried to use concealer as a base. Helps to make shadows more vibrant and pop, last longer and apply better/smoother. I intend on either repurchasing this or trying the Anti-Ageing Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay or testing Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance. The only thing I don’t like about this primer is the price tag but luckily mine’s a sample size and I only had to pay $20 AUD for it. Another plus is it seems like a lot of product, even in the sample size and lasts forever.

on 5/7/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've bought this in the past, and most recently I received this as a free gift with my Sephora points. It's a very good primer. When I use this my eye shadow goes on more smoothly and lasts longer. The tube is super cute. Overall, it's a great product. However, I don't know if I would buy it again at full price. Normally I use e.l.f. eye shadow primer which retails for around a $1.00 dollar. The e.l.f. primer does a great job and is a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay. I'd rather spend my money on skin care, but if you have extra money to spend, or eye shadow primer is really important to you, buy the Urban Decay, it's the best of the best.

on 5/7/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had many primers before, but this one works wonders, especially because I do not have perfect instagram eye lids, I have droopy eyelids and for me it is important not to look like a panda when I have eyeliner on, because I really love wearing it. It enhances eyeshadow pigment, however, if you want color to pop (e.g. I have Prism from ABH with Sphere eyeshadow) I would use a more white primer to make that yellow really stand out.
But definitely buying it again, super awesome.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer,honestly the price is fair for what it does and how long it lasts.I don't use any other primer unless I am running errands and don't care about my eyeshadow.This primer really does help keep your eyeshadows locked in,but doesn't stop them from being blendable.Doesn't smell,a little goes a long way,and it goes on smoothly.

on 2/9/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I was told by many ladies that this is THE eyeshadow primer that beats the others. Maybe it's my oily lids, maybe I need wand-application education, but I really didn't like this primer. My shadow creased pretty quickly around the 3 hour mark and the wand did not let me know when I was out of primer. I preferred the tube much more for control of application. I have since moved on to others but am still on the search for THE eyeshadow primer that will keep my shadow on post work hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. Probably my favorite eyeshadow primer. I give it a 4 stars because the price and the packaging is kind of odd.. I usually just apply it to my finger and then to my lids rather than using the wand to apply it because it doesn't go on evenly
But I love this primer!! Works great at making sure your eyeshadow doesn't crease and stays put

truly lasts all day!

on 6/18/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Potion is right!!
Let's start with the gorgeous and unique packaging, when I go into my makeup drawer, there is no mistaking this for anything else. It's a statement piece on a vanity

Texture wise, this is liquid silk. It is so creamy and buttery and it just glides on like a dream. The applicator gets a good amount of product and it's very easy to apply

It works amazing. It makes my shadows build very smoothly and even brings out alot of pigment in them.
I would, and will definitely be buying more of this once I run out. I really love it

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer is amazing and long lasting! You can get so many different shades, it evens out your skin tone on your eyelid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials