Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last empty tube of this and will not be re-purchasing. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and I actually like it better. Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick Milani up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator AND at a fraction of the cost?

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

on 8/29/2017 8:18:00 PM

Product works well to prevent creasing for me. But a squeezable tube like Milani's eyeshadow primer would function much better than UD's applicator. Considering its price, I would rather purchase Milani's.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The freaking best eye shadow primer. The e/s does not move all day ! I've run out of 2 tubes already.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

of course, the legendary eyeshadow primer
i think this is one of the best primer i ever have
my eyeshadow stays perfectly on my oily eyelid whenever i use this

very helpful for me due to my oily eyelid

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow primer! I love that they changed the packaging, and that it can easily be squeezed out now :) I have been using this primer for a long time, and I love how it keeps my eyeshadow on all day even with my super oily eyelids! I love to wear this even if I'm not going to wear any eyeshadown for the day. It also last me a super long time! So although it might be pricey, it lasts a very long time.

on 5/3/2017 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this primer since late 2015 whenever I wore make up (so about twice a week) and I still have about half the tube left. I bought this originally to make my eyeliner and mascara transfer proof, but once I started wearing eyeshadow it is amazing how much easier it is to apply eyeshadow when I wear it then when I don't. It creates a nice base for the colours to go on to, the colours are much more vibrant (this was especially noticeable with eyeshadows that lacked pigment, not so much with the mac single pots) and lasts much longer. I can't go without this stuff, and have bought a back up already (even though I think it'll take me at least another year before I finish this tube).

Only con is that it's kind of drying, and I don't like the doe-foot applicator because I feel like it's unhygienic I'd much rather a squeeze tube. But I guess the dryness is important to keep stop transfer and I just pack Kiehl's creamy avocado eye cream after taking off make up.

Forgot to mention, I've tried Australis eyeshadow primer and the Etude house version, but they don't spread properly I end up with residues that looks like I haven't rubbed in my concealer. Primer Potion doesn't have this problem. Australis and Etude House eyeshadow primers both dried out after 6 months of continued sparing usage, I've had my UD since 2015 and it's still going strong.

Video Reviews & Tutorials