Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

On one hand it makes my rainbow eyeshadow really stand out, but on the other a pointless hassle to work with:

This primer is extremely sticky. YES I know that's a good thing & adherence keeps your eyeshadows fresh HOWEVER it dries the heck out of my eyelids...and I don't even have dry eyelids! Also when I'm applying this primer I can feel myself unnecessarily dragging the skin just so the primer could spread...I'm not ready for more fine lines around my eyes! On the plus side it caused me no irritation :/

I would ONLY recommend this product to people with OILY eyelids.

I have found much better eye primers that are less than half the cost & perform just as well if not BETTER. Sorry Urban Decay, it's a NO from me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product AND it works as a concealer. I get greasy eyelids and this helps set up a more matte base before applying eye shadows.

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last empty tube of this and will not be re-purchasing. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and I actually like it better. Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick Milani up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator AND at a fraction of the cost?

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

on 8/29/2017 8:18:00 PM

Product works well to prevent creasing for me. But a squeezable tube like Milani's eyeshadow primer would function much better than UD's applicator. Considering its price, I would rather purchase Milani's.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The freaking best eye shadow primer. The e/s does not move all day ! I've run out of 2 tubes already.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

of course, the legendary eyeshadow primer
i think this is one of the best primer i ever have
my eyeshadow stays perfectly on my oily eyelid whenever i use this

very helpful for me due to my oily eyelid

Video Reviews & Tutorials