Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last tube of this. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I tested some others recently and found 2 that to me, seem equivalent to or better than Urban Decay. Urban Decay Potion does a nice job, but I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and the Wet n Wild Wet n Wild Photo Focus Only A Matter of Prime. (around 4.99). Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick these up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator?

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

on 8/29/2017 8:18:00 PM

Product works well to prevent creasing for me. But a squeezable tube like Milani's eyeshadow primer would function much better than UD's applicator. Considering its price, I would rather purchase Milani's.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The freaking best eye shadow primer. The e/s does not move all day ! I've run out of 2 tubes already.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

of course, the legendary eyeshadow primer
i think this is one of the best primer i ever have
my eyeshadow stays perfectly on my oily eyelid whenever i use this

very helpful for me due to my oily eyelid

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow primer! I love that they changed the packaging, and that it can easily be squeezed out now :) I have been using this primer for a long time, and I love how it keeps my eyeshadow on all day even with my super oily eyelids! I love to wear this even if I'm not going to wear any eyeshadown for the day. It also last me a super long time! So although it might be pricey, it lasts a very long time.

on 5/3/2017 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this primer since late 2015 whenever I wore make up (so about twice a week) and I still have about half the tube left. I bought this originally to make my eyeliner and mascara transfer proof, but once I started wearing eyeshadow it is amazing how much easier it is to apply eyeshadow when I wear it then when I don't. It creates a nice base for the colours to go on to, the colours are much more vibrant (this was especially noticeable with eyeshadows that lacked pigment, not so much with the mac single pots) and lasts much longer. I can't go without this stuff, and have bought a back up already (even though I think it'll take me at least another year before I finish this tube).

Only con is that it's kind of drying, and I don't like the doe-foot applicator because I feel like it's unhygienic I'd much rather a squeeze tube. But I guess the dryness is important to keep stop transfer and I just pack Kiehl's creamy avocado eye cream after taking off make up.

Forgot to mention, I've tried Australis eyeshadow primer and the Etude house version, but they don't spread properly I end up with residues that looks like I haven't rubbed in my concealer. Primer Potion doesn't have this problem. Australis and Etude House eyeshadow primers both dried out after 6 months of continued sparing usage, I've had my UD since 2015 and it's still going strong.

on 4/29/2017 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have deep set, hooded and down-turned eyes with pretty oily eyelids - an absolute nightmare when it comes to eye makeup. Before I got this product, eyeshadow was pretty much impossible for me - whatever formula or consistency, they would last about 5-10 seconds, and eye primers I've tried have done absolutely nothing to help. But this...this is just life changing! I'm finally able to wear colour on my eyes! I'm beyond thrilled! Plus the packaging is cute as hell, and I think the price is ok when considerinh how well the product works. 100% in love.

I absolutely love this primer! I use this primer every single day. It goes on smoothly and once eyeshadow is on, it's not budging

on 3/19/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for the "old" tube/formula (have not tried the new). I was at Nordstrom Rack yesterday, and they had a ton of these for about ~$10. I've only tried cheapie eye primers before, but had heard good things about the UD primer. HOLY COW. GAME CHANGER. I never really realized that my eye makeup could stay so pristine for so long! I feel like a YouTube Model! Now that I know they've changed the formula, I'm gonna go back and stock up!