Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/25/2018 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Prevents eyeshadow from creasing even after 14 hours. I have oily lids and eyeshadows and liners would crease after about 3 hours without a good eyeshadow base. I like the wand for ease of application, but some may find it unhygenic after a while. I only use a little bit on each eye, so 1 tube lasts for many months of daily use. Performs about the same as the nars eyeshadow base. For a (much) cheaper alternative, go for Canmake eyeshadow base (the one in the tube, not the pan. They have 2 types. The one on the pan creases after a few hours). Canmake is more silicone-y, but function wise its just as good as Urban Decay as it makes my eyeshadow lasts all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Excellent product AND it works as a concealer. I get greasy eyelids and this helps set up a more matte base before applying eye shadows.

This stuff is my holy grail in my makeup collection, its the only one that seems to work for me. I've tried others and nothing performs like this one. The only thing I hate about it is they like to change the packaging a lot I've had both versions from the squeeze tube to the doe-foot applicator and I find the squeeze tube the best because you can get just a little bit you seem to have more control. This also great for glitters too and chrome shadows it work for everything just love it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My favorite eyeshadow primer so far! I'm glad I picked this up on a sale again! A little of this product goes a long way and it will last you a long time so the price point is justifiable. I can not do my eyeshadow without this product, so it's definitely a staple for me. I do have to set it with some powder for maximum longevity and anti-creasing. If your eyelids are very oily like mine and you find yourself struggling a bit with this product I would recommend setting it with powder like I do.

on 7/13/2018 4:36:00 PM

I got myself the trial size which is awesomely available to start with. I do not use eyeshadow but have creasing in laugh lines when wearing foundation and have been reading this might help. It really does. I use the applicator directly on skin and it is well made and multitask. I love the container really and the ''brush'' is really user friendly. I find it hard to blend on face but since it's not it's intended purpose it only makes sense. makes sure to blend well it it is for foundation creasing otherwise it'll be patchy. Pricey but now 50% off at ullta so it's time to get one :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to be a good product a few years ago but they have def changed the formula in recent times as it doesn’t work on me anymore :( leaves eyelids oily with crease lines shortly after applying eyeshadow. No good :( go with benefit stay don’t stray or Art Deco!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last empty tube of this and will not be re-purchasing. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and I actually like it better. Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick Milani up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator AND at a fraction of the cost?

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. Probably my favorite eyeshadow primer. I give it a 4 stars because the price and the packaging is kind of odd.. I usually just apply it to my finger and then to my lids rather than using the wand to apply it because it doesn't go on evenly
But I love this primer!! Works great at making sure your eyeshadow doesn't crease and stays put

Video Reviews & Tutorials