Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last tube of this. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I tested some others recently and found 2 that to me, seem equivalent to or better than Urban Decay. Urban Decay Potion does a nice job, but I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and the Wet n Wild Wet n Wild Photo Focus Only A Matter of Prime. (around 4.99). Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick these up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator?

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 10/13/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This potion is the grail of all makeup. I told all of my friends about this primer and continue to do so. I LOVE IT. It lasts a REALLY long time too. I had one that lasted me YEARS and I used it daily. I don't love the wand application but it's easier to use and can't really complain. Really makes my eye shadow POP and look vibrant and beautiful. Lasts a long time too. Everyone should definitely purchase this and have it in their makeup stash. It's fantastic!

on 11/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

I have yet to find a dupe of this primer; but for now, I'm gonna keep buying it because it makes everything else I put on my eyes last longer + makes colors more vivid.

on 10/2/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've purchased and repurchased this over the years. Why on earth did they go back to the original packaging. I've only had my last tube for a little over a month and its already drying out. I will be looking for another product that can replace what used to be a HG for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. Probably my favorite eyeshadow primer. I give it a 4 stars because the price and the packaging is kind of odd.. I usually just apply it to my finger and then to my lids rather than using the wand to apply it because it doesn't go on evenly
But I love this primer!! Works great at making sure your eyeshadow doesn't crease and stays put

on 9/11/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

does its job. no flaws. you dont have to use a lot. prolongs my eyeshadow and sometimes i use it as glitter glue. i have never strayed away and have been using this product for almost 5 years on a daily basis. you can also use this underneath your eyes as primer for concealer/corrector to prevent creasing. i don't mind the price since a tube lasts so long, about 4-6 months, and you can easily remove the wand and carefully squeeze the product out if you prefer a squeeze tube product.

on 10/1/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started with this eye primer and have never looked back. It does an astonishing job keeping eyeshadow, liner and mascara in place all day. I used to get crazy raccoon eyes by the end of the day if I didn't use primer, and with this, I still have decent looking eye makeup 10 hours later, even with very oily skin. No creases, no raccoon eyes. An absolute must for any makeup arsenal.